Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rip off of Bad Company 2's cover...

Options
  • 27-05-2011 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Seriously, check this out!

Magicka: Vietnam, a Third Person / top down RPG obviously has either ripped off BC2's cover design, or the same artist designed both covers.

Bizzare!

Magicka-Vietnam.jpg

magicka-vietnam-zwiastun_4b6z.jpg
    search%3Fq%3Dmagicka%2Bvietnam%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1848%26bih%3D904%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&biw=1848&bih=904

search%3Fq%3Dmagicka%2Bvietnam%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1848%26bih%3D904%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&biw=1848&bih=904

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

It's a joke...magicka is a game is a multiplayer game involving wizards and monsters.

So when they release an expansion pack called "Vietnam" and replace wizards staves with machine guns, obviously they're not being entirely serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Kazuma wrote: »
    It's a joke...magicka is a game is a multiplayer game involving wizards and monsters.

So when they release an expansion pack called "Vietnam" and replace wizards staves with machine guns, obviously they're not being entirely serious...

Strange to totally rip off the cover though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Strange to totally rip off the cover though...

It's called parody...

Spear wrote: »
    It's called parody...

Its a rip off.

I know absolutely nothing about Magicka so on first glance, it looks like a rip off. Even if its meant to be a sort of parody - I don't get it. A fantasy RPG that gets guns, so they 'parody' BC2??

Doesn't make sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

It's a rip off, much the same as scary movie is a rip off of scream.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Its a rip off.

I know absolutely nothing about Magicka so on first glance, it looks like a rip off. Even if its meant to be a sort of parody - I don't get it. A fantasy RPG that gets guns, so they 'parody' BC2??

Doesn't make sense at all.

It's got a major comedy element to it, it has wizard in robes running around Vietnam fighting VC. They even announced it on April 1st, despite it being a real release.

Spear wrote: »
    It's got a major comedy element to it, it has wizard in robes running around Vietnam fighting VC. They even announced it on April 1st, despite it being a real release.

Hmm, interesting. Never seen it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

lol, i dont think they are going for the same market as BFBC2, magicka is great craic with friends :D

Orignal:

Vietnam DLC:

hal9000 wrote: »
    lol, i dont think they are going for the same market as BFBC2, magicka is great craic with friends :D

Ah I know they're not aimed at the same market!!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Ah I know they're not aimed at the same market!!

You should give it a go, it really is great fun! €10 on steam

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tis quite a good game, just don't use the combination that (intentionally) crashes the game to the desktop.

The game upon launch was very buggy, they fixed the issues and mocked themselves by adding bug inducing spellcasts.

Advertisement