Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying online via Bank of Ireland site

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to move to ESB Electric Ireland for Gas and Electricity and was wondering if it is possible to set my account up with Bank of Ireland's 365 Banking web site to make additional manual payments off the account?

In the list of Bills that you can set up on the site is just lists ESB - would this cover Gas and Electricity?

I was previously with Bord Gáis, the link only referred to paying your Gas account, not Electricity.

Also, is it possible to pay online with Laser or Credit Card?

Thanks in advance,
    F.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there Fingleberries,

Yes indeed, there is an option to pay online by card - here is the full list of payment options. I'm finding out more info for you now on online banking, if you could bear with me. :)

Thanks,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Fingleberries,

Regarding paying by online banking:

You can indeed do this to make one-off payments off your bill. When a customer sets up online banking for ESB Electric Ireland, it must just be ensured that the ESB Electric Ireland account number is entered for payments to go against.

Even though, as you say, there is no specific option for electricity or gas, there are separate account numbers for each type of energy, so it is just a case of selecting "ESB" twice and inputting each account number (electricity, gas) separately.

And as I mentioned previously, you can pay online by debit card (Laser/Visa Debit) but to pay by credit card, that would only be for an arrears payment by phone.

All the best :)
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

While you can do it that way, I have found it's far easier to just pay ESB Electric Ireland with a Laser card via their own phone line. The payment's instant where as BOI's bill payment system is pretty slow!

Advertisement