Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

red light on xbox AFTER last update - ERROR E79 - one red light!

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I am wondering if i am the only one (& i dont think i am ) that is left a little dubious after i did the update (which took over an hour) on my xbox the other evening. Within an hour my tv screen started to flicker (its a new sony bravia tv) and then my xbox died and the error E79 appeared on my screen.

I am also wondering if i am the only one this happened to after i did the update. I called xbox live on the dublin number and they kindly told me the only way around it was to cough up the €80- €90 euros - depending on which way you log the repair - and they would fix it. Since my machine is a few years old i have decided to upgrade anyway but i am as i said more than a little dubious that the update had something to do with the death of my much loved xbox...

anyone feel the same or am i just playing too many conspiracy theory games :)

salmo

Comments

Advertisement