Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Current Stock of 3.55 or less ps3s

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Going to get a new ps3 as my old second hand one has ylod and fixes have been temporary.

is there any in stock in any shops pre 3.55 ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd say a lot of shops still have pre 3.55. If you want to have a better chance, buy it in a shop that doesn't sell too many and you've increased odds of getting one from older stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

aidankkk wrote: »
    Going to get a new ps3 as my old second hand one has ylod and fixes have been temporary.

is there any in stock in any shops pre 3.55 ?

The only permanent fix is a reball where they clear off the dodgy lead-free solder under the chips and replace it with lead solder. It costs around €80 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The only permanent fix is a reball where they clear off the dodgy lead-free solder under the chips and replace it with lead solder. It costs around €80 ;)

Id go for that if i tought there was a reasonable chance of success..

What are the odds, wouldnt mind keeping what i have. It in a state that if i heat gun it, itll work for a few weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

A heatgun just heats up the lead-free solder with a chance of joining the broken joints again. It's a temporary fix at best, the problem is the lead free solder isn't up to the task.

Most reballers offer some type of warranty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

being honest with you since you heat gunned it you warped the board and even if it is a successful reball it mightn't last.
    If the board wasnt heat gunned it would be a permanent fix.
    Thats the way it goes for reflows aswell a good board that hasn't been messed with will last a long time whereas a heat gunned board mightn't.
    Pm docentore and ask him about it since he is reballing ps3's (for €80) he would know more about it than me Im mostly into 360s atm.

If you buy a slim instead of getting your ps3 reballed go to shops that dont do much business you have a good chance of getting an older firmware that way

IMO these heatgun guides on youtube should be taken down they do way more damage then good ......mini rant over :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement