Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Don Mimi in Monkstown closed?

Options
  • 27-05-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Like a lot of people I bought a city deal voucher for the 2 pizzas, salad and bottle of wine. Over the last month I've called in (about 7pm) but it's locked up. There is still stock in the fridge. I've also phoned with no answer and i've bumped into people outside with the same problem. The menu pages reviews didn't come across well for the city deal customers.

Does anyone know if they have closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I haven't used mine yet for Don Mimi's but it sounds as if it has closed down.

I nearly bought a voucher for "cafe des irlandais" when it was advertised on citydeal however this morning I read that it has closed down and anyone who still had a voucher could use it at The Harbourmaster by the IFSC.

Sounds like these businesses are using citydeal to boost their cash flow in the short term but still cant sustain themselves in the medium-long run and go out of business. City Deal would want to re-evaluate their partnerships because if people keep buying vouchers for businesses that are about to close down there will be some very angry city deal customers and very bad PR.

Lets hop we can use our Don Mimi vouchers elsewhere, but sadly I was looking forward to a nice pizza and bottle of wine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭paper cut

There is a Don Mimi on the north strand but the contact number is the one for Monkstown so i'm not sure if they are still trading?
    My guess they take their cut of city deal (50%) Close the door and concentrate on the north strand shop until vouchers expire. I would say they bit of more than they can chew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

“Two Pizza's and with a Choice of Salad, Along with a Bottle of Wine for €14 at Don Mimis (Worth up to €50)” – deal cancelled, refund processed.

We have important information for those of you yet to redeem your vouchers at Don Mimis. Unfortunately, this partner has ceased trading and is no longer able to honour vouchers. As a result we have issued you a full refund.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause. Please allow up to 5 working days for the funds to be transferred back via your original method of payment.

This incident has no bearing whatsoever on other deals offered. We hope to bring you a similar deal in the near future and thank you for your understanding at this time.

We hope this unfortunate incident does not discourage you from opting for other upcoming offers in Dublin at www.citydeal.ie.

Kind regards,The Customer Service Team
    Email: support@citydeal.ie

This email just came through this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭paper cut

I just received my email with the same info.
    Wonder if they would have done anything if i didn't send that email yesterday???
    Good result in the end.

Advertisement