Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do we beat ourselves up so much!

• 27-05-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I am astonished to see Kolo Toure from Man City only get a 6 month ban for taking his wifes slimming tablets!!

Why do we bother?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

morana wrote: »
    Why do we bother?
    :rolleyes:
    guardian wrote:
    He was doing it because he wanted to be successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what has that got to do with cycling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

what has that got to do with cycling?

Kolo Toure's wife was fat. Kolo Toure's wife got thin. Kolo Toure liked his fat wife. Kolo Toure took her slimming tablets. Drugs have been a corrosive influence on the sport of cycling for a long time with the authorities apparently unable or unwilling to tackle the problem effectively.

Simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A few mins Googling and I can't even find out which drug it was.

Stupid lazy journalists.

Kolo Toure's wife was fat. Kolo Toure's wife got thin. Kolo Toure liked his fat wife. Kolo Toure took her slimming tablets.
    ok, so knacker footballer likes fat bints, got that
    Drugs have been a corrosive influence on the sport of cycling for a long time with the authorities apparently unable or unwilling to tackle the problem effectively.

Simple really.

and? every other sport has dealt with and does deal with drugs more effectively than cycling, hardly news.

I bet there's not as much diving and feigning of injuries in cycling though:P

• Advertisement

Mr. Monster, congratulations on spotting that quoted text part one has bugger all to do with quoted text part two. You can collect your prize on the way out;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I bet there's not as much diving and feigning of injuries in cycling though:P

menchov

You can collect your prize on the way out;) .

what is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Classy.

what is it?

A cookie

• Advertisement

A cookie

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

He's not English, btw. The corrolation between knackers and footballers is not as high outside of the UK and Ireland. He may not actually be a knacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

There's only one thing for it really. That's to allow all the drugs possible in competitive sport. Steroids, Stimulants, Sedatives, Painkillers, booze, Coke, Crack, E, you name it! You could even have a prize for the sportsman who's the most drugged up to the eyeballs.

That way it's fair for everyone and would probably make soccer and rugby a bit more interesting to boot ;)

well it is friday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

studiorat wrote: »
    There's only one thing for it really. That's to allow all the drugs possible in competitive sport. Steroids, Stimulants, Sedatives, Painkillers, booze, Coke, Crack, E, you name it!
    You mean cycling.
    You could even have a prize for the sportsman who's the most drugged up to the eyeballs.
    The Maillot Jaune?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Since it is Friday I think another tangent is allowed...

I like the look of those "retro" bikes :) certainly as I look over at my current ~2001 pro duraace commuter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

What no helmets?

(Friday)

Harsh dude...
    ashleey wrote: »
    What no helmets?

(Friday)

No hair either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

What no helmets?

Something about not having to wear helmets where it's an finish on an ascent, something like that.
    studiorat wrote:
    That way it's fair for everyone and would probably make soccer and rugby a bit more interesting to boot

What makes you think it's not there already?!

Harsh dude...

No hair either!
    Me or the video?

On a serious note, if you have a drug free for all like baseball and East German olympiads they will all be dead by thirty and be pumped with drugs as soon as they can walk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A cookie

Cookies are nice so long as you don't get caught with your hand in the jar ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

Me or the video?

On a serious note, if you have a drug free for all like baseball and East German olympiads they will all be dead by thirty and be pumped with drugs as soon as they can walk

Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs...

It'd be like Formula 1, think of the research, the sponsorship that big pharma could er-eh inject into the sport.

Was this not mentioned at Farmleigh? They could stop forcing us to pay over the odds for normal stuff from the local pharmacy as a bung to the drug cos setting up here and replace it with a 'drugs in sport' industry.

Advertisement