Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop IP Camera

Options
  • 27-05-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to put an IP camera in our shop.

The camera seems cheap but I presume I need recording device to record and view remotely? Or is it possible to use my PC to do this?

Any ideas on basic recording devices?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you wanting to record onto a PC in your shop?
    A standard DVR is your best bet here. You will get better quality & the images will be digitally watermarked & admissible as evidence.
    Do you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A cheap ip camera will connect to a pc unless you want to spend the money on a ip or hybrid dvr

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

I was talking to a guy saying I would need a recording device as well?

It's mainly for remote viewing but a recording facility would be nice!

So do I need a recording device as well? I was quoted around €250 for the recorder?

I have broadband in the shop btw.

Would I need to get someone in to install this or can I do it? I would be decent with computers.

Thanks.

Advertisement