Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting question

Options
  • 27-05-2011 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

i'm moving into a new 1 bed apartment, and have to pay deposit and month in advance, i'm to meet the landlord at his office, i was going to give his a bank draft but he says he would prefer cash. With cash involved should i insist on meeting at the apartment to make sure keys are all okay etc?

He maybe genuine but this is a lot like the scams you read about

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Cash is fine as is meeting at his office. Make sure to get a reciept which is clearly signed and dated. When you move in take pics of everything and note down on a blank a4 page a list of problems if there is any.

If you have a list of problems give the LL a copy of the list. That way if you move out he can't blame you for causing the problems. Even if it's little things that won't bother you while you live there. Just cover your own ass.

Advertisement