Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI introduces cancellation fees

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There could be some serious consequences of this, I think if you are insured by 2 companies that they are both liable for the claims, but only be half. So if GLO find out you were insured by VHI they may claw back some of the claim.

I've only heard of this happening with car insurance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

I think you are correct wmpdd3. There is something with that when a person is dual insured.

Rickjames16 - i think the €250 you mentioned they were charging is probably a breach of contract fee. A friend of mine had a similar issue recently and it was all in the T&C's. I think all the health insurers charge for breach of contract AFAIK. What you paid so far would be towards cover. Its not ideal. I know my friend got shock of their lives with it!

Advertisement