Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei HG556a No Management Option

• 27-05-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

I got my router this morning and of course I would like to keep it up to date. On the router home page there isn't a management option on the left.
    Ive tried Admin and Vodafone log ins!

Does this mean I cannot update the firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Try
    Username: admin
    Password: VF-IRhg556
    or
    Username: advanced
    Password: advanced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

SickBoy wrote: »
    Try
    Username: admin
    Password: VF-IRhg556
    or
    Username: advanced
    Password: advanced

Brilliant thanks the advanced worked. Im sure I tried that earlier.

Apart from updating firmware, is there much I can/should mess with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 malamute100

Total newby here:

I have a Vodafone HG556a router (ver c) (brand new - left after landline broadband was a failure). I was using an o2 hotshot device which broke and stuck in a contract 'till Oct. I am now trying to connect an o2 stick dongle to this router (one which I had before my up-grade to hotshot). It is showing as wifi connected but won't recognise the dongle (says unknown device in port 3) - I have read somewhere that you can change the country settings to Spain and this should work - I can't find anywhere on the page to change the settings - can someone talk me through this PLEASE ?? I have got into the page which lets you change ports, passwords etc. but not sure if this is the right place. Have tried the 192.168.1.1 and admin - VF-IRhg556 (doen't do anything). Vodafone as user and Vodafone as password got me into this page.

If not, does anyone have a hotshot device they wish to swap for this -

Sorry for the long thread - sooo frustrating!!! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't drag up old threads, and don't cross-post to multiple forums.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement