Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 1

Options
  • 27-05-2011 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi, does anyone know how many words the compositional essay on English paper one should be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I dont think there really is a set number of words you should aim for. It all comes down to quality over quantity. I've seen people in my class write 7 pages and getting a C and someone writing 3 pages and getting an A. If you really need a ball park figure you'd be aiming for around 5/6 A4 pages of average sized writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

There's not really an exact word count as far as I know. It's generally quailty over quantity- but that said, they're obviously not going to like it if you only hand up a page. I personally write around 7 usually, but most people in class do 4/5. I would say 3 should be the minimum.

Advertisement