Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Krav Maga threads

• 27-05-2011 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I hope the mods don't think I'm doing this to make them look bad or something, it's just a genuine post to what I hope will make the forum better. Reading through the Krav Maga @ selfdefence thread Makikomi in post #37 said " K.M. thread, I swear to good God sometimes I wish I could ban them. They're simply not worth the trouble they bring - but K.M. comes under the remit of this forum so we're stuck with them. " And I agree.

Now I know that their has been an issue of an individual(s) continually posting about how great their club is under different usernames for self promotion and this kick ass seminar where anyone can become a one man Rambo in a weekend all for just €600 !!!!!!! etc :rolleyes:

Now I'm not a fan of KM as anyone who has read my posts will know as unfortunatley many of their websites and Youtube clips can attest to the BS of ' real ' self defence techniques where you will be able to arse kick a guy the size of Brock Lesnar and take out a gang of bikers all on your own etc :rolleyes:

But when it comes to KM, it seems to be a common theme of clowns coming onto a KM thread and making all sorts of claims about how great KM is to bait a responce - ' jus fur an auld laff ya know ' :rolleyes:. Some people are genuinely taken in by it and we get a few pages of KM bashing etc

As I said I'm not having a go at the mods, but to take up on what Makikomi said " I wish I could ban them. " So, maybe we should ban Krav Maga threads ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks for the bit of feedback.

Unfortunetly my comment was taken a little out of context, I actually mean't it tongue in cheek and would encourage discussion of all self defence and martial arts styles here.

Tbh, I wouldn't like to see K.M. threads banned. It would be unfair to the majority of people who I feel genuinely enjoy K.M.

The last thread offering a K.M. seminar seemed good value on the face of it, the problem was the OP then posted two clips of what the seminar would entail - now as a moderator I've to sit on the fence in a lot of discussion because I'm aware that newbies would see the position as somewhat influential so my opinions would be unfair in a lot of discussion - the long time users here would as quick to tell me to stick my opinions up my arse :p

But if you post a seminar notice, then post up clips like those. Regardless who is in the thread you've opened yourself up to criticism - frankly I'd be negligent had I not voiced my opinion after the clips were posted.

K.M. threads, no I wouldn't want to ban them - that would fly in the face of having a discussion forum called Self Defence & Martial Arts.

Re. the locked thread. I locked it last night, I was using a mobile phone and don't have access to all the mod tools to run checks etc so I thought it wise just to close it, and tbh I've no interest in running checks against those two users - one of whom has a good record here.

I favour light touch moderation, we're a small community and should bare that in mind when posting - and act your age!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thread, including comments made in the OP has been cleaned up - lets go again please.

The discussion is 'Krav Maga threads'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

to be honest live and let live.

other martial arts dont get stick.But then they dont make claim to be the endgame of getting in street fight and tearing lumps out of people.

I train in mauy thai,im one year shy of being 40.I enjoy it but dont go out of my way to be aggro when im out.If some one gets lippy i'll laugh it off.if i cant avoid a confrontation i just fight.to be honest im not even sure if i'd kick:D

one thing about an art that tests you against a resisting oppenent whether its boxing,bjj or thai is that you get use to people throughing digs at your head.You get over the initial 'ah **** someone is trying to punch the head of me' to just standing back abit and knowing your at range,out of his range and ready to give a dig back.this comes from practice and not spending x amount of euro's on a 2 day course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

I agree with Makikomi, the self defence and martial arts forum is one of the few that isn't plagued by mod fascism and it doesn't suffer from nearly as much bile as the likes of the politics forum. We don't want to go down the road of banning discussions. For that, I'm willing to put up with the ridiculous KM threads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    other martial arts dont get stick.But then they dont make claim to be the endgame of getting in street fight and tearing lumps out of people.
    Yes, that's the reason why KM attracts such criticism from the rest of the martial arts world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement