Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving up speed on a 2M line?

Options
  • 27-05-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am on the Adare co Limerick exchange, and my line is enabled for 2Mbit max, probably because of distance from the exchange.

I can live with 2M down. What really bugs me is the 256k up that comes with it.

Is there a way to improve the up speed? My router reports line attenuation as "48/28 db", with the lower figure probably meaning uplink - so there seems to be some room for improvement here.

(Of course it would be still better if the downlink speed could be improved too - and to top it all it would be really great to improve the DL allowance, but larger DL is probably impossible unles I switch to Vodafone?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

MichaelR wrote: »
    Hello,

I am on the Adare co Limerick exchange, and my line is enabled for 2Mbit max, probably because of distance from the exchange.

I can live with 2M down. What really bugs me is the 256k up that comes with it.

Is there a way to improve the up speed? My router reports line attenuation as "48/28 db", with the lower figure probably meaning uplink - so there seems to be some room for improvement here.

(Of course it would be still better if the downlink speed could be improved too - and to top it all it would be really great to improve the DL allowance, but larger DL is probably impossible unles I switch to Vodafone?)

Hi MichaelR,

Can you PM with your telephone number and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

On a lot of 2meg rated lines , they can hold 3 megabit ( 384k upload ) just fine with no problems. I have and a lot of people I know have a solid 3 meg with a 2 meg line. Eircom do a business package with 1.1 upload. Doubt you will be able to get it though !

Advertisement