Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President's Volunteer Award

Options
  • 27-05-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey all, didn't get a chance to be involved in this initiative, want to make amends next year, has anybody here done it before? If you don't manage enough hours to get an award, do those hours you volunteered got towards the next year? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The deadline isn't until Tuesday the 31st if you still want to apply.

Hours don't carry over to the next year, afaik. This is the first year of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

Finally got around to submitting my form today, bring on the award ceremony

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

bazkennedy wrote: »
    Finally got around to submitting my form today, bring on the award ceremony

Fair play, good of the president to recognise the students, do ye get a medal or something? If i'm around locally for co-op next year, it's definitely something i'd have a go at.

I think its just a cert and it gets mentioned on your transcript

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

When do they actually get presented to people? I ask simply because I'm in the US until the 21st of August lol. I wasn't going to bother with mine, but then I was made submit one haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

The following semester, no? I heard something about recipients receiving medals, guess it would be nice to given something to show for your efforts.

From what i gathered from the application form, there's a presentation ceremony coming up and if you can't attend the cert gets mailed to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Can first years apply for this? Will it take a huge chunk out of my free time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Can first years apply for this? Will it take a huge chunk out of my free time?

Tbh, I got all the hours required through the stuff I'm involved with without having to go out of my way! Then I forgot to sign up for the bloody thing :rolleyes:

Advertisement