Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerald Kean & Lisa Murphy home raid

• 27-05-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/socialite-lisa-murphy-threatened-with-knife-in-euro100k-home-raid-2660015.html
    Lisa Murphy was threatened with a knife when four masked men broke into the Wicklow home she shares with lawyer Gerald Kean last night.

The incident happened at Three Mile Water, Brittas Bay, Co Wicklow shortly after 8pm.
    One of the raiders was armed with the weapon and threatened Ms Murphy, who was alone in the house at the time.
    They fled with a number of items of jewellery believed to be worth over €100,000.
    Speaking on RTE radio today Mr Kean said she suffered cuts and bruises in the terrifying attack. Four men jumped on her as she arrived home at 8pm last night and threw her to the ground before tying her up.
    “She screamed that I was behind her even though I was in Dublin,” Mr Kean said recounting how the men held a knife to her throat until she gave them the code to the safe. He said they seemed to know what they were looking for and screamed at her where was his ring and other items of jewellery.
    “Where’s Michael’s ring. Where’s Gerald’s ring, they screamed at her,” he said. Lisa Murphy was previously engaged to Riverdance star Michael Flatley and is currently engaged to Mr Kean.
    He said that the raiders were in the house waiting for her and knew what they were looking for. He was worried when he could not contact her and found her bound to a chair at 10pm when he arrived home.
    “She was very, very distressed and I immediately called the guards and an ambulance. She is very upset.” he said on Joe Duffy’s Liveline programme.

I expect a big spread in RSVP, VIP mag or Sindo Life mag about their ordeal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

This Lisa Murphy?

Oh, might not be appropriate at work with the volume up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ Yes that is her fake plastic barbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Well, it sounds like a pretty horrifying ordeal to me – but seeing as she looks like a fake plastic barbie doll she obviously doesn’t deserve any sympathy.

Well, it sounds like a pretty horrifying ordeal to me – but seeing as she looks like a fake plastic barbie doll she obviously doesn’t deserve any sympathy.

It does sound like a horrifying ordeal but knowing them they will over sell it for all the media attention

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

does it make me a bad guy to beam out I big smile when I discovered this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I expect a big spread in RSVP, VIP mag or Sindo Life mag about their ordeal

Well these are the only people ever to have been robbed in Ireland so it's a news story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

By the look of her I'd say it not the first (or even the second) time she's had a knife held to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

I feel sorry for her that she went through such a scary ordeal but they'll milk this for all it's worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

In fairness I don't think shes done anything that bad to deserve been attacked and robbed by 4 masked men. Plus, she put up with Michael Flatley for so many years and got nothing out of it, bar that ring and then its stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

marvin80 wrote: »
    Plus, she put up with Michael Flatley for so many years and got nothing out of it, bar that ring and then its stolen.

Why would she get anything out of it? She wasn't married to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

But she lost BOTH of her engagement rings....and they were faaaabulous!

They haven't been in the papers in a while.......this should put them right back there. Silver lining and all that..;)

RH149 wrote: »
    But she lost BOTH of her engagement rings....and they were faaaabulous!

That's terrible. Just imagine how much head it took her to get those rings. :(

marvin80 wrote: »
    In fairness I don't think shes done anything that bad to deserve been attacked and robbed by 4 masked men. Plus, she put up with Michael Flatley for so many years and got nothing out of it, bar that ring and then its stolen.

She got "fame/celeb status" from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I must be the only person to actually like these two! I hear he's a very kind man & very good to his staff.

Lisa doesn't bother me, well her silly attempt at a D4 accent does a wee bit, but sure isn't she harmless. It must have been a very scary experience for her.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

I smell a rat. There's something not quite right about this. The very precise nature of the robbery is indeed very strange. According to her account, they shouted at her 'where is Geralds ring?/where is Michaels ring?' However, they have said the jewellry stolen wasn't insured separately. Could this be a 1.5 million general household contents claim? Maybe i'm just an evil cynical b*stard, and i am completely wrong, and I will go to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

policeman wrote: »
    I smell a rat. There's something not quite right about this. The very precise nature of the robbery is indeed very strange. According to her account, they shouted at her 'where is Geralds ring?/where is Michaels ring?' However, they have said the jewellry stolen wasn't insured separately. Could this be a 1.5 million general household contents claim? Maybe i'm just an evil cynical b*stard, and i am completely wrong, and I will go to hell.

They were not insured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

given that there is a recession on and it is maybe not a goo idea to flaunt your wealth. I was greatly disappointed that it was not the number one news article on RTE and TV3.
    The Sindo will devote at least ten pages to this with updates on it for the six months. I am sure Barry Egan will have summit t say.
    I think every guard in the country should be put on the case and let them not rest until the perpetrators of this heinous deed are apprehended.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Funny how the cost jumped from €100,000 to €1.5 million overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

i agree..this is bull****. 4 random lads break in hold tie her up and demand she hands over two rings..flattley's ring and geralds ring? which will be impossible to sell. not a single bloke in the country would have known she owned these rings..a 4 man gang armed with a knife. this is an absolute scam. talentless bint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

i agree..this is bull****. 4 random lads break in hold tie her up and demand she hands over two rings..flattley's ring and geralds ring? which will be impossible to sell. not a single bloke in the country would have known she owned these rings..a 4 man gang armed with a knife. this is an absolute scam. talentless bint.

Conspiracy Forum's that way buddy.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I for one am glad that the robbers had the good taste not to nick their tudor style fancy dress outfits.

people would have known. she flaunted her wealth . check a few back issues of VIP magazine and you will most likely find a description of the rings.

it could be a publicity scam. they both may not have been mentioned in the last issue of the Sindo and need to get back into the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 azvor

:rolleyes: How can anyone believe this "Cock & Bull" story about a "robbery" at "Drayton Manor", the home of "Gerald & "Lisa"..... I think it's fair to say that "Dr. Kean" has encountered some financial "difficulties" of late, and had to send in some "friends" to acquire the Jewellery that Lisa possessed.....or else..., he had to get it back before Lisa discovered that it had long ago been replaced with paste replicas to fund his "Rich & Famous" lifestyle.....These pair are a TOTAL JOKE !!!!!... just read the long list of entries in "www.rate-your-solicitor.com" to see the true nature of this idiot "solicitor"...

What is really annoying about this scam is that the Gardai have been beguiled into "playing along" in this charade.....

When you consider that Gerald & Lisa's home is named "Drayton "Manor" which is also the name of one of the UK's amusement parks and Zoo, it hardly surprises one that we now have our own version of a "Theme" Park" and a total "Zoo"...where the "residents" "play" at being "famous Celebs"....

This entire farcical story will be revealed in the very near future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Let's face it...Gerald has to fund this "Life-Style" from "somewhere"....

He actually does write his own reviews, unless there is another Gerald Kean out there. when does this guy actually do any work as a lawyer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bonerm wrote: »
    That's terrible. Just imagine how much head it took her to get those rings. :(

and now she's got a sore head because of them:D

fryup wrote: »
    and now she's got a sore head because of them:D

Either because of that or from all the botox and cosmetic surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

azvor wrote: »
    :rolleyes: ]How can anyone believe this "Cock & Bull" story about a "robbery" at "Drayton Manor", the home of "Gerald & "Lisa"..... I think it's fair to say that "Dr. Kean" has encountered some financial "difficulties" of late, and had to send in some "friends" to acquire the Jewellery that Lisa possessed..[/COLOR]

Gerald Kean said that because there was building going on at the house, invalidating the house insurance at the time the robbery happened... If you are insinuating he did an "insurance" job, he would be missing the one key factor... i.e. insurance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 azvor

I don't believe the term "insurance" was used or "insinuated" by my goodself !!...BUT...what I was insinuating was that this whole affair was an utter sham and anyone who believes that this was a genuine "robbery" and house attack when the cameras/security system was turned off, and was carried off in a matter of "minutes" !!!!!....by 4 guys with 2 knives between them... must be living in a fantasy world.....The characters in this charade are 2 notable wannabe "Irish Celebs".....and the bottom line is this..... Where do you think they get their funding for their lavish "life-style"- from.... What a lucky escape Flatley had !!!!!!!!!! ...
    Are you "insinuating" that you actually believe this tale ?????? and if so.... WHY ?????
    :)

By the way...I would love to hear from some "Anon" Garda as to what their take & perspective on this entire matter is ?????

Advertisement