Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Coffee in Town

Options
  • 27-05-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I wondering were people go for a good cup of coffee ? what experiences they have had of poor coffee , l find the harvest do lovely coffee despite the dilapidated look of the place , chapter 1 do nice coffee as well , had a few bad experiences , as far as l know maudi's still serve instant coffee !!! at full price too !! unbelievable and l was in the imperial a while ago for lunch and looking at the very expensive coffee machine l thought l'd check it out , well l watched her go behind the counter , take a cup and spoon , walk right past the machine and proceeded to spoon instant coffee into my cup and top it up with hot water from the said very expensive machine , it was probably the staff coffee jar , (Ceoghan isn't the type to let the staff have free coffee) well l sent her right back !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Chapter one can not make a latte, always burning the milk.
    Mc Mahons coffee is muck
    Black Horse coffee is nice, filtered.
    The Melbourne bakery is machine coffee and it's always over done.

IMHO Cafe Manna does the best coffee. Lattes are done nice and the black coffee is very nice and the only place I can find that does free re fills.

Lastly, the town is bad need of a proper Barista. I'm a fan of star bucks mainly due to the fact that they know how to make coffee, I know others hate them and say they are to expensive etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

didn't know cafe mana did free refills , nice one , thanks for the info , not sure about chapter one's latte's , l usually only drink americano or the very odd cappucinio , but l'll take your word for it , as regards a good coffee place star bucks or that , l always remember dunken dougnuts had lovely coffee and the dougnuts were magic , but again none of those places , big business franchise's , macdonalds , pennys , o'briens (not that l ever thought there coffee was anything special at all) will get into the town because of opposition from local business , look at the reaction to boots coming here , and thats why macdonalds and KFC are out the dublin road

It's free re fills on black coffee, filtered :-)

Many a lunch break on my 3rd coffee!

Well with the reaction to the new tescos I'd imagine thered be stiff reaction to a sb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Id love a Starbucks here too. I drive over an hour for a good cup of coffee. Would be nice to be able to go more local.

over an hour wow , must be good stuff , where do you go ? the airport and take a flight to arabia ? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    Id love a Starbucks here too. I drive over an hour for a good cup of coffee. Would be nice to be able to go more local.

would you not just make it yourself :o

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    would you not just make it yourself :o
    well maybe you can afford one of these bean to cup machines
    x3_prestige1_large.jpg
    there typically a couple of grand , but l can't :D , bean to cup not jar to cup , if you have one l'm on the way over l'll bring the bics
    mdr-mort-de-rire-284923.gif beautiful machine though , if l won the lotto l would ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

IMHO Cafe Manna does the best coffee. Lattes are done nice and the black coffee is very nice

Indeed, they have great friendly well trained staff too..

bbam wrote: »
    Indeed, they have great friendly well trained staff too..
    l should really go back in there again some time , l just remember a couple of years ago they had apple pie on the menu , nothing strange about that but they allowed you to buy the full apple pie if you wanted to take home , they would have a few on display , nothing strange about that either but they were selling them at 5euro each !!!! and l don't even think they threw in a wee tub of whipped cream or gold plated forks , lol , mental , l just kinda never bothered going back considering they were selling apple pies for a fiver , l just reckoned l'd need to remortgage the house if l even looked in the window . so its some turn around to hear they do free refills

spinzes wrote: »
    over an hour wow , must be good stuff , where do you go ? the airport and take a flight to arabia ? lol

I go to blanchardstown, Ive to go there for college anyway but Ive driven there on days off just for coffee.
    I wouldnt mind going to the airport someday though and just take a flight out.

johnmcdn wrote:
    would you not just make it yourself redface.gif

Haha Im not that bad, I have tried. Got the same beans, milk, syrup I even have a coffee machine but it just doesn't taste the same.

There is one place in Virginia I havent tried yet, going to try them today to see what its like, could be my new haunt.

• Advertisement

What place is that?

It was called the coffee shop. I didn't like it. :( Shame so there is no where in Virginia to get a decent coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    It was called the coffee shop. I didn't like it. :( Shame so there is no where in Virginia to get a decent coffee

What about the Masons Apron, had tea there last year and thought it was nice, maybe it's not still there??

bbam wrote: »
    What about the Masons Apron, had tea there last year and thought it was nice, maybe it's not still there??
    its still there , there coffee is ok imho , but there food and breads/cakes etc.. are lovely really quality stuff , very expensive though , l forgot to mention a small place in cavan town called "Delish" (l think thats how its spelt) there on abbey street across the road from floods taxi office , they do free refills , nice stuff to , there food is top notch as well and its very reasonable ;)

yeah ive seen the masons apron alright. I dont know I dont have high hopes considering the place known as the the coffee house only serves a small range of coffee and it not even nice.
    I guess I'll try it some day

Advertisement