Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Updating my server to 1.6 on vinnila?

• 27-05-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I dont kno how to put vinilla on my server. I have craftbukkit ting and have esentials spawn. I also have /warp and im afraid that if i was to use vinila it would loose the warps and the spawn-? I dnt kno wat to do. Anybody have info on this? Or any useful sites? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

All the plugin settings will stay. Just stop the server, upload the new minecraft_server.jar and start the server using that file. When a new, stable version of Bukkit is released, justs stop your server and load the updated CraftBukkit.jar instead.

Mind you, some plugins may not necessarily work from the word go, so it's worth keeping an eye out for new updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Hoku wrote: »
    All the plugin settings will stay. Just stop the server, upload the new minecraft_server.jar and start the server using that file. When a new, stable version of Bukkit is released, justs stop your server and load the updated CraftBukkit.jar instead.

Mind you, some plugins may not necessarily work from the word go, so it's worth keeping an eye out for new updates.

Thanks for that . But im on a vps server. I use minecraftcp to control the server. I have ftp acess to it. So how would i make it run the minecraft-server instead of craftbukkit as craftbukkit runs automaticaly?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

You could always rename 1.6 minecraft_server.jar to craftbukkit.jar

Thanks but i ended up putting craftbukkit build 815 on it and its been working great since :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Have that on my own.

I found a bug where if you go to the nether and put down the portal block ( id 90 ) and then go back to the world, the regular world will have the nether sky.

Other than that the build seems pretty solid

• Advertisement

I noticed that bug earlier. Its cool tho :L
    All the plugins work aswell :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

All the plugins don't work on the boards server I'm afraid. The flow control plugin doesn't work, as well as big brother, as does bmobs and dynmap (it renders really weird)

I hadnt noticed bigbrother didnt work :/ I hope nobody griefed .. There's bigbrother support in build 816 so il update later and tell ye how it works :)

Advertisement