Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyndns Address fo DVR / cameras

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What type of DVR is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Maybe it's the I touch, have you tried it on an I phone? I have me camera's workin on my I phone. Never tried am I touch. What generation I touch is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Can you connect using your itouch internally, 192.168.x.x, on the wireless network.
    Could be a bandwidth issue, try lowering the quality of the streaming image to 1/2 cif or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 48 PatDee

It's a unbranded DVR sporting 4 cameras and it's a fairly up to date unit.... here's a link on the specifics.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CCTV-system-Kit-DVR-4-cameras-540-TVL-Sony-CCD-iphone-/330546509664?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4cf61b7760#ht_2761wt_825

I have tried it on the local lan 192.168.1.17 with no luck...

When I connect to my DVR from an out side my network I use my dyndns address and port number.
    It all works the way it should i.e. when I'm using the DVR software or internet explorer I can see all my cameras...

my problem is when I use my itouch 16GB Ver 3.1.3 jail broken.. The very fact that it says connecting.....buffering....0%...100% playing and then nothing suggests that it's communication with the DVR but then looses it's connection.

I have lowered the settings to the lowest they will go for streaming.

So that's why I'm looking to connect to another working cam set-up....

Thanks Everyone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And can you connect via wireless PC or laptop locally to 192.168.1.17?

• Advertisement

Yeah...I can ping it...I can connect via internet explorer & the software that came with the cameras...but not with the itouch.:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It sounds like iTouch is not up to the job.:)
    Have you tried other apps?

Yeah...no Joy....and here is the really confusing part...I can connect to another camera set-up flawlessly using the same app on the itouch and apparently the cameras & dvr box are identical to my ones I have.... beggars belief :confused::confused::confused:

Just trying to limit this down some more...
    Have you tried iTouch from an external wireless network?

yes...no joy connecting to my cameras....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

could be that the dvr doesnt have a second stream hardware for the iphone or itouch i had the same problem it would work with the same make and model of dvr in a different premises but the first dvr had not got the second stream hardware as told by manfacturer

Are you using 3G or wifi with the itouch?

wifi....

What app are you using to connect to the Dvr? It sounds like the DVR is trying to upload activX onto your iTouch.

it would be activeX if it was a browser...which it will offer when connected to, by internet explorer..but this is a software app supplied by the manufacture with a pre-configured port for this app and is supposed to communicate on that port...

I like your thinking Fred!

If I had to guess I'd say the band width setting on the DVR is to high for the itouch connection. Are you using RAS mobile?

no using my itouch over my local lan with WPA...

what mobile are you using fred?

fred, if you have an iPhone I can give you the dyn address to see if you can view the cameras...you would need to download cplayer from the app-store...it's free.

Ye sure. I'll download the app now. Pm me the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I use an app called i-rams on my iphone, first of all dont bother with getting it working outside, get it working on the inside first on the itouch and then once that works your half way there.

I agree james, but can't even get it to run on the inside....can you use your iPhone to connect to your cameras with i-rams?

Cheers........

Advertisement