Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLACKBERRY CURVE METEOR PROBLEM!!!

Options
  • 27-05-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Ok so I have a balckberry curve 8520 from vodafone. Got it unlocked,and went to change to meteor prepay today as I'd rather be on meteor, anyways got changed over fine.
    So, i couldnt get onto the web browser so I rang up and they told me to go into options>advanced options>host routing table> and register now...did all that and the browser still isnt working. Rang again and they'll get back in 48hours its so annoying need to be using it for work!!!!!!

Anybody know how to get this working?

when i go into the internet icon on my menu the message I get is 'this is a wifi service. please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again'
    also when I go into Facebook app it displays 'you are currently on a service plan that doesnt support this app.If you want to use this app,please contact service provider'

Also I text meteor to get that blackerry data add-on.

can anyone help me??????????????:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Folllowing a battery pull go to:
    http://meteor.blackberry.com
    and register your device. Let us know how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

When you got the blackberry add-on did it take the €9.99 off your account? If it hasn't it means the bundle didn't apply correctly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Did you text 'My Blackberry' to 50104

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

Hey op here thanks for the replies. Yea I set up the b undle and it didnt take off the 9.99 and I've text 'my blackberry' several times, I've told customer service this but they dont listen as this is what happened to my friend too. Any suggestions as to how to get it to apply properly??
    Sooooooooooooooo annoying they keep fobbing me off its getting frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Coldzone

Hey Good Advice

Try this to sort your issue
    Go to Menu - Options - Mobile Network - then press menu and you will see Diagnostic Test - select this then hit menu and Run

it sounds like a problem with the service books and this should update them all for you to use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

do what im gonna do......get rid of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Hey op here thanks for the replies. Yea I set up the b undle and it didnt take off the 9.99 and I've text 'my blackberry' several times, I've told customer service this but they dont listen as this is what happened to my friend too. Any suggestions as to how to get it to apply properly??
    Sooooooooooooooo annoying they keep fobbing me off its getting frustrating :(

I recommend calling customer care again (I know, I know a pain in the hole) but its the only way to fix it if it has not charged your account.
    Call them and get them to cancel the add on and re add it.

Hey coldzone i tried that there didnt seem to do it :(
    Seriously I told Meteor on the phone about the data add-on not being applied properly and they took it off and did it again still didnt happen they dont listen to you anyway its very annoying!!
    Just I know theres nothing wrong with my BB because it works fine on vodafone and my Friends BB is the same and hers is working fine.
    Meteor give you the whole ring back tomorrow business.
    I just want my phone to work :(:(

Did you register the device on:

it wont let me do that :(

• Advertisement

it wont let me do that :(

What error does it give? Call vodafone to make sure they have released your blackberry from their bis system. Then try register on meteor again.

it says to do the host routing table again :( yea i rang vodafone they said its nothing to do with them?! this is a joke :(:(

it says to do the host routing table again :( yea i rang vodafone they said its nothing to do with them?! this is a joke :(:(

Can you pull out the blackberry battery for 60 seconds and pop it back in. Then try to do the host routing registration again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Did you register the device on:

Im trying to register on the my blackberry thing aswell and it keeps saying invalid pin/imei, even though i am taking them direct from the phone.

also when i switch data off (mobile data [edge] which i think i am switching off correct) to conserve my gig, and use wifi it won't let me connect to fb or the app store (don't know about browser cos i haven't tried) this is frustrating. i want to be able to keep the edge part turned off when at home, to make sure the phone is utilizing the wifi available and not going through edge for its own convienence/lazieness.

also even when edge is on my facebook won't update since last nite :(

oh and how do i make the little notificationy icons at the top go away. like that the moment it says i have 11 emails. i opened and dealt with all of these (there is no red indicator next to the envelopes) but at the top of the page it still says i have the 11 emails. and the same with facebook???

sorry to go on but brand new to blackberry as of last nite, never had one before. went from tried and trusted nokia to iphone 5 years ago and this is my first jump to any other kind of smartphone type :)

cookie I did that and no luck :( I rang vodafone and they said I'm totally off their BIS and I told meteor this and they STILL havent sorted it, I keep telling them that the 9.99 hasnt come off for me to use the extra Blackberry data add-on....
    Its so frustrationg really is, Im going to have to move back to Vodafone if they do nothing about this as no point having my Blackberry on Meteor if all I can do is call and text :(:(

Hdowney , Yea #I cant do that either it keeps saying to do the host routing table AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least your browser is working , think yourself lucky :(:(

cookie I did that and no luck :( I rang vodafone and they said I'm totally off their BIS and I told meteor this and they STILL havent sorted it, I keep telling them that the 9.99 hasnt come off for me to use the extra Blackberry data add-on....
    Its so frustrationg really is, Im going to have to move back to Vodafone if they do nothing about this as no point having my Blackberry on Meteor if all I can do is call and text :(:(

Hdowney , Yea #I cant do that either it keeps saying to do the host routing table AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least your browser is working , think yourself lucky :(:(

pah not so lucky. was out at the shop and i tried googling something, and it came up about the wifi that you mentioned in your op. so am in exactly the same boat!. now i know my 9.99 came off for the ad-on so....

i rang meteor like 3 times last nite (felt like such a twat:o) for things to do with this brand new phone so don't particularly want to ring them again. however if i turn my wifi off in the morn and it still doesn't work i may ring them, both about browser not working in edge, and not being able to sign up to that yoke on the website with the pin/imei :(

Hdowney what are we going to do?:(

ive rang them everyday since Friday and there still no help my BB works perfect on Vodafone.....so unfair may have to go back to Vodafone there more helpful anyway.

@hdowney. Did you get your device second hand? Did you move it from another network.

For both of you some of the problems you describe can be caused by the fact that your previous network haven't released the pin from the BIS account. This is very puzzling. I know it's a pain but ring back to your original networks and ask specifically that they can confirm the device imei/pin has been released by the network so you can add it to another network.

I did that cookie, they said they have released it :(:(

I did that cookie, they said they have released it :(:(

So you've:
    1. Confirmed they've released you
    2. Tried to register on http://meteor.blackberry.com
    3. Tried to register the host routing table
    4. Tried a battery pull.
    5. Confirmed with meteor that you have the add-on

If you've done all of the above you should be flying. Can you check the APN in settings, advanced settings, tcp/ip. Set it to enable and have apn set as:
    blackberry.net
    No username or password. Let me know if it now works.

• Advertisement

So you've:
    4. Tried a battery pull.

If you've done all of the above you should be flying. Can you check the APN in settings, advanced settings, tcp/ip. Set it to enable and have apn set as:
    blackberry.net

firstly i bought my curve new from meteor yesterday, didn't transfer. can you explain to me how i do the bolded portions (so i can try them before ringing meteor again). thanks

also tried to do the italicised portion and it keeps telling me that one of the numbers (pin or imei) isn't correct, when i am taking them both number/letter for number/letter off the phone!

Hdowney what are we going to do?:(

ive rang them everyday since Friday and there still no help my BB works perfect on Vodafone.....so unfair may have to go back to Vodafone there more helpful anyway.

honestly, i rang them for three completely different issues last nite (1stly i put the credit in then txtd for the talk and txt and it should have been the other way round - was long day!) and i found for those three things they were more than helpful, i just didn't want to be ringing back today and seeming like a complete moron if i could help it. so i will see what cookie says about how i complete those things and then if no luck will ring them and see what happens.

hopefully we get it sorted soon otherwise i will NOT be happy

hdowney wrote: »
    honestly, i rang them for three completely different issues last nite (1stly i put the credit in then txtd for the talk and txt and it should have been the other way round - was long day!) and i found for those three things they were more than helpful, i just didn't want to be ringing back today and seeming like a complete moron if i could help it. so i will see what cookie says about how i complete those things and then if no luck will ring them and see what happens.

hopefully we get it sorted soon otherwise i will NOT be happy

Hd. Before I go into the other things have you registered your device on:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

So you've:
    4. Tried a battery pull.

blackberry.net

i ported a spare number over to meteor prepay to test their blackberry service, what i did was,

1. got sim and requested port in..
    2. topped up the 085 number while waiting for port to go through.
    3. when port had gone through, sent the text with "my Blackberry" to
    get the blackberry service active.

4. got txt back saying i had the blackberry add on, and €9.99 was taken
    from credit.

5. went to host routing table, and register now.

blackberry service became active on the handset, then i registered on the meteor BIS page, all is working fine, and i have 1gb data to use, for streaming, browsing, and bis mail.

EDGE seems quite quick, to load apps etc.

in terms of pins being released, with the latest version of BIS, you can do a device switch ( i keep an old blackberry for this purpose and do a device switch to the old blackberry , thus releasing the pin of the blackberry that i want to use on another network)

Hd. Before I go into the other things have you registered your device on:

NO. i tried this earlier, following your advice and it states that either the pin, or imei are wrong, even though i am taking them direct from the status section of the berry. tried again now and the same thing.

NO. i tried this earlier, following your advice and it states that either the pin, or imei are wrong, even though i am taking them direct from the status section of the berry. tried again now and the same thing.

This just gets stranger. I'd bring back that device to meteor then. If it's a new device it should not be already registered.

This just gets stranger. I'd bring back that device to meteor then. If it's a new device it should not be already registered.

i am going to ring customer care in the morning and see what they can tell me, and if not i will go back to the shop i bought it. only thing is they guy in the shop told me he hasn't the foggiest about all the blackberry line.

(if i have to bring it back to the shop, is there a way to back up everything i have put on the phone so far (such as downloads, and all the contacts i spent ages manually imputting) so that when they give me a replacement i can just sync it and have it transfer on - like an iphone - as i spent ages doing that and don't want to spend all that time again)

i am going to ring customer care in the morning and see what they can tell me, and if not i will go back to the shop i bought it. only thing is they guy in the shop told me he hasn't the foggiest about all the blackberry line.

(if i have to bring it back to the shop, is there a way to back up everything i have put on the phone so far (such as downloads, and all the contacts i spent ages manually imputting) so that when they give me a replacement i can just sync it and have it transfer on - like an iphone - as i spent ages doing that and don't want to spend all that time again)

It's not too hard. You can download an app called blackerry swiss army knife. (Google bbsak)
    With this you can backup apps and restore later.

It's not too hard. You can download an app called blackerry swiss army knife. (Google bbsak)
    With this you can backup apps and restore later.

running diagnostic at the moment. will see if this helps

• Advertisement

hey so i went into advanced options and browser, my default browser was set to hotspot browser so i changed it to internet and that worked. i can now connect to the browser on edge. hope this helps you too op :)

Advertisement