Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLACKBERRY CURVE METEOR PROBLEM!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

god still no luck :(

Hdowney it doesnt give me an option to change to internet??it just says hotspot browser :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

god still no luck :(

Hdowney it doesnt give me an option to change to internet??it just says hotspot browser :(:(

REALLY?!?:confused: if you go into options, advanced options, browser it should have default browser configuration. there should be a drop down with three options: Internet Browser, Mobile Internet and Hotspot Browser. if they aren't there then you can't change it and I would deffo suggest going back to the shop with it as there is obviously something wrong.

i also seem to remember you said that it had not taken the 9.99 for your add-on, has it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

If you only have the hotspot option then it means you still not have gotten the BIS add-on on to your account. You need to contact the network again

Hdowney- Yea they still havent taken off the 9.99 blackberry add on

I no cookie but they really dont listen to me about this and its so annoying I'm gonna have to change back to vodafone its ridiculous...:(:(

Why not try the meteor forum on their website. You might find someone able to sort you out better then over the phone. It's very silly they cant sort this for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭eolasguy

Hey Op, I actually work for Meteor. I would help you myself but as boards.ie is not an offical channel I cant go into your account and modify it and I cannot give you my name to call in as I could lose my job :rolleyes:

Because you were not charged the 9.99 the bundle is sitting on your account as inactive and trust me it wont activate until someone fixes it.

Someone needs to remove the bundle and re-add it and it should decrement the 9.99.

You should call customer care again. I know you have had a few ****ty experiences already but you need to make the effort to get the issue resolved. Its not going to fix itself!

You could also drop into a Meteor store and get them to do it. They will just call customer care and fingers crossed fix it.

Before you do any of the above just make sure that you have the 9.99 on your account as if you dont it wont work AGAIN ;)

Best of luck :cool:

eolasguy:):) why cant they all be like you !!! ive explained to them ten times about not taking the 9.99 off my account and they WONT listen :(:( I'll ring tomorrow and let you know how i get on :(:( I'm lost without all the apps :(:( wish me luck!!!!!!!
    ILL NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eolasguy:):) why cant they all be like you !!! ive explained to them ten times about not taking the 9.99 off my account and they WONT listen :(:( I'll ring tomorrow and let you know how i get on :(:( I'm lost without all the apps :(:( wish me luck!!!!!!!

Do let us know what happens either way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

good luck mate. id be lost without me phone on the go

just rang them and they seriously wont listen to me, they said the ech department are still looking into it :(:(
    I keep explaining that the 9.99 balckberry add-on hasnt been taken from my credit and its like they ignore that bit!!!
    I'm really starting to get sick of this now there really so unhelpful and havent a clue what they are doing. My mate had the same problem and it was all down to the 9.99 not being taken from my account!!
    there never going to fix my problem:(:(

• Advertisement

It's bizarre customer service. Did you try their forum? I would do so as the last resort. Then if you dont get satisfaction move to vodafone. O2 will launch BIS pre pay before the end of the summer and this might be more competitive then vodafone's offering

cookie1977 wrote: »
    It's bizarre customer service. Did you try their forum? I would do so as the last resort. Then if you dont get satisfaction move to vodafone. O2 will launch BIS pre pay before the end of the summer and this might be more competitive then vodafone's offering

i genuinely cannot believe that o2 are offering prepay blackberry phones without a prepay connection to BIS. it is rediculous. a friend of mine is on prepay o2 and has a blackberry and she was telling me that she can only connect via wifi. in this day and age how can they sell a comprehensive, internet capable phone, and only let it connect over wifi! madness.

i have to say on topic though i have had nothing but good dealings with meteor customer service, they have been very helpful so far if i have had a problem (even one created by my own stupidity) so i am surprised to hear people find them so hard to deal with

O2 are not selling Blackberry's on pre pay...well not on their O2 online store anyway. Where did your friend get sold a blackberry on O2 for pre pay?

O2 are not selling Blackberry's on pre pay...well not on their O2 online store anyway. Where did your friend get sold a blackberry on O2 for pre pay?

o2 store arklow. they went in lookin to buy the iphone, but they said that the salesperson was completely unhelpful and uninterested in explaining the phone and whatnot properly so they plumped for blackberry instead. i am 99.9 percent sure it is payg, cos she wouldn't have signed up to bill pay just for the internet on that particular phone, when there are plenty of androids on payg

Ive never had a problem with meteor before this, but in fairness they shouldnt have launched blackberry if they dont know how to do basic things like TAKE THE 9.99 OFF MY CREDIT :(:(:(:(

sooooooooooooooooooooo pissed off swear to god, I love my blackberry curve and i want to be able to use it on meteor is that so much to ask :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

hdowney wrote: »
    o2 store arklow. they went in lookin to buy the iphone, but they said that the salesperson was completely unhelpful and uninterested in explaining the phone and whatnot properly so they plumped for blackberry instead. i am 99.9 percent sure it is payg, cos she wouldn't have signed up to bill pay just for the internet on that particular phone, when there are plenty of androids on payg

That's pretty bad. You/they should report that to O2. That's complete mis selling on that salespersons part.

The only strange thing I see is that if they were sold a Blackberry it would be hard to buy one as the store would make you sign a contract. That's why they should report it to O2.
    And tell them to double check they haven't signed a contract!

That's pretty bad. You/they should report that to O2. That's complete mis selling on that salespersons part.

The only strange thing I see is that if they were sold a Blackberry it would be hard to buy one as the store would make you sign a contract. That's why they should report it to O2.
    And tell them to double check they haven't signed a contract!

yea i guess i will check with them were they basically 'forced' (i don't mean that in such terms but i am sure you get what i am trying to say) into signing contract in order to get the phone, like a proper salesperson should have understood the customers requirements for payg. and first and foremost should have talked them through the phone they went in about - iphone - and other payg options, such as android phones

forced/fooled but yes I know what you mean ;) Let us know what happens.

will do. i'd say i took something up wrong and that she is now on billpay, but i would say she is well unhappy about the fact that o2 don't offer payg bis like other providers. it would well be one reason people would switch, not to mention o2 are one of the most expensive going at da mo!

nope she has just confirmed she is payg on o2, but she only gets access to something called o2 web which she pays 99c per day or something, but she really doesn't understand it. all she knows is she doesn't get proper bis like the rest of us and that annoys her.

but by the sound of it the salespeople in o2 arklow couldn't give a fup about explaining anything to anyone

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    nope she has just confirmed she is payg on o2, but she only gets access to something called o2 web which she pays 99c per day or something, but she really doesn't understand it. all she knows is she doesn't get proper bis like the rest of us and that annoys her.

but by the sound of it the salespeople in o2 arklow couldn't give a fup about explaining anything to anyone

You should get her to lodge a complaint on the o2 section on boards or on their forum. It's. Bad form that that happened to her. Very bad form. I'm sure the O2 mods/reps on her or o2.ie can sort it out.

You should get her to lodge a complaint on the o2 section on boards or on their forum. It's. Bad form that that happened to her. Very bad form. I'm sure the O2 mods/reps on her or o2.ie can sort it out.

i don't know is she on boards r anything. i will have to mention to her that she shouldn't let them away with that. i would love to know how they sold her blackberry on payg, cos online and stuff even now you can only get them on billpay! so how the heck they sold it to her as payg

Oh guys think ill give up and go back to vodafone :(:(:(:(

Oh guys think ill give up and go back to vodafone :(:(:(:(

jays that well sucks. raging that you couldn't get sorted with meteor. hope you get sorted back with voda. sorry mate

Advertisement