Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Meet Saturday July 2nd

Options
  • 27-05-2011 4:34pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It is about time for a summer get together....
    I as always have a few suggestions!!

My first as always is the Zoo,so far we have been lucky and the sun shines for us there:)
    2nd is Stephens Green or The Phoenix Park for a picnic if it rains we can shelter in the bandstand or put our umbrellas up!!!

Did I mention Maynooth has a lovely playground?;)

All suggestions welcome!

Date for meetup 18 votes

Saturday 18th June
    0%
    Sunday 19th June
    11%
    bulmersgalLola92 2 votes
    Saturday 25 June
    16%
    MoonbeambulmersgalLola92 3 votes
    Sunday 26th June
    22%
    OrionJanuaryLola92liliq 4 votes
    Saturday 2nd July
    16%
    Orionlolly22Lola92 3 votes
    Sunday 3rd July
    33%
    lynskiCathyMoranJanuaryHow StrangewolfpawnatButterflylove 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sunday 3rd July
    Zoo or St. Stephens Green would be good, there's a playground in Stephens Green isn't there??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sunday 3rd July
    Hopefully we will be able to attend when it is on. Should have our daugher on Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Sunday 26th June
    January wrote: »
    Zoo or St. Stephens Green would be good, there's a playground in Stephens Green isn't there??

Yep... am fairly sure there's a playground in Stephens Green.
    There's also one as far as I can remember in Merrion Square park, but that might be a bit more awkward for people to get to...
    I really enjoyed the zoo last time :D
    I still won't have an actual little person for the meet up, but I have a bigger bump to show off now!! :p
    And maybe my other half might be brave and come along this time :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Saturday 25 June
    How about Sunday June 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Anyone with school-age kids going along? I'd come and bring my girl but whenever she's around babies she starts pestering me for a little sister. Very annoying :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sunday 3rd July
    Was really hoping to make the next meet up but we're on holidays that week.

Sunday 3rd July
    It is Fathers Day so not a good one for me as I want to spoil my hubby, plus it may be a bit early with our daughter.

Sunday 3rd July
    Perhaps the following Sunday? I'll just have to tell both sets of grandparents that their grandson has another social engagement that day :D

Sunday 3rd July
    Bleh, Sundays aren't good for me... I'm tied into dinner at the in laws every Sunday for the rest of my life... or until the girls are old enough to go by themselves...

Sunday 26th June
    January wrote: »
    Bleh, Sundays aren't good for me... I'm tied into dinner at the in laws every Sunday for the rest of my life... or until the girls are old enough to go by themselves...

Me too kinda... and especially that Sunday... we're splurging on a 3d scan the day before so we'd be shot if we didn't show the next day to show the pictures!!
    (So the day before is out for me as well :()
    Maybe the following Saturday? Would be the 25th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Oooh I would love to go to a meet up :D

Sunday 3rd July
    I suppose its a case of picking a date which suits most people as we won't get one which suits everyone.

Why not do a poll with 3 or 4 dates and see which one suits most? Its getting into summer holiday season too.

I know what you mean January, our Sundays are now spend alternating between grandparents and its a bit of a pain in the backside really. It makes weekends very short.

Sunday 3rd July
    Saturdays are fine with me, we usually visit my parents, but they're only around the corner and understand that we like to take the girls on outings sometimes... himself's parents think Sundays are "their" day with the grandkids and anything else is not important!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Saturday 25 June
    Saturdays aren't really the greatest with me, my ex is suppose to take baby but he hasn't in last 2 months so I will be able to come if he doesn't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Saturday 2nd July
    I would love to finally make a meet up, to be honest have been too nervous before :rolleyes: Ella and I are due a visit up to Dublin to visit her grandparents anyway so if we can kill the 2 birds as they say that would be great :)

Sunday 3rd July
    Don't worry, we don't bite... well... I don't bite, I can't vouch for anybody else!

Sunday 26th June
    I was nervous before the last one... it was the first one I went to. But it was great... come if you can!!! :D

Saturday 2nd July
    Thanks January and liliq. I'm more of a lurker than a poster really, terrible I know :eek:

Sunday 26th June
    Hehe... no harm in lurking! I was mostly a lurker for ages til recently enough!!

Saturday 2nd July
    I might just bite the bullet so :D When are people thinking? Any set of dates yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Saturday 2nd July
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    How about Sunday June 19th?

Can't do that date myself. The girls come back from Beaver camp at about 3 and the school are having the annual open day as well.

Saturday 2nd July
    Why not do a poll with 3 or 4 dates and see which one suits most? Its getting into summer holiday season too.

As you command :)

Poll added with 4 dates. You can vote for multiple dates to indicate availability. Most popular date wins I suppose.

[edit]Are the dates in the poll ok? We can add more options if people want to go into July instead.

Sunday 26th June
    I should have read that before I voted! Voted 25th, but think 26th would be ok for me as well!!
    As for adding more dates... think the first weekend in July would be ok for me too, but have multiple hens/ weddings/ birthdays almost every weekend from mid- july right up to my due date! :eek:

Saturday 2nd July
    I think you can edit your vote. If you can't I'll add 1 to the 26th for you.

Sunday 3rd July
    Daddy Shane has said that he wants to wait until she is 4 weeks old until we start taking her out, wow, 4 weeks old...sorry, my mind is on seeing my new baby at the moment. I am sure that we will know the ly of the land when she is born. Our son would love to meet up as he is a really social little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Is there ever any hope of having any boards events outside of Dublin? No chance of us ever attending any otherwise as it's far too far a drive :(

Saturday 2nd July
    Where are you based Ayla? Parts of Kildare, Meath and Wicklow are well within my reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Nope, back end of beyond...Donegal :eek:

I understand there's no hope of any events in our neck of the woods, but surely a more central location could be considered every now & then?

Sunday 3rd July
    You could organise your own meet up... I know when Das Kitty was mod she was going to organise a Galway meet...

I don't drive... so anywhere out of Dublin or further than maybe Maynooth would be a bit of a stretch for me with the two girls...

• Advertisement

Saturday 2nd July
    Jaysus - they have the internet in Donegal now? :p

Advertisement