Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blanks (Ted's Band from Scrubs)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Had hoped to go but of course, multiple things end up on the one date :( Hopefully they come back! Would like to see them; I'd say they'd be a good laugh...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oh my god I can't believe they're actually touring and I never knew about this, I'm going to have to look this up and see if I can still catch any possible UK dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Oh my god I can't believe they're actually touring and I never knew about this, I'm going to have to look this up and see if I can still catch any possible UK dates

They are playing a few UK dates.
    Details here: http://www.myspace.com/theofficialblanksmyspace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

I went to see them a few weeks back when the played in the Helix. It was an excellent show, very funny, good crowd interaction and they do a meet and greet afterwards.

There is no warm up act and it is only about an hour long.

bren2001 wrote: »
    I went to see them a few weeks back when the played in the Helix. It was an excellent show, very funny, good crowd interaction and they do a meet and greet afterwards.

There is no warm up act and it is only about an hour long.

Oh, I didn't know they played here so recently. Was there many people at it?

• Advertisement

Oh, I didn't know they played here so recently. Was there many people at it?

Yeah they played in Feburary/Marchish. It was mainly for DCU students but anybody could get tickets.

They didn't play in the Mahony Hall it was in the theatre. It was a sell out. The Helix sold the tickets strangely for it. I got mine the day before and we were in the second row. The girl said they sell from the back to the front as opposed to most venues who sell from front to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

They are playing a few UK dates.
    Details here: http://www.myspace.com/theofficialblanksmyspace

They're nowhere near me, maybe Manchester might be worth a trip, if I can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

bren2001 wrote: »
    The girl said they sell from the back to the front as opposed to most venues who sell from front to back.

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard of a venue doing!

Umaro wrote: »
    Thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard of a venue doing!

I didn't mind. Meant I got great seats. I assuming (hoping) that it was only for the Blanks last time they were here and not for every show. If not, it shows how poorly run the Helix is.

Apparenlty The Blanks sang and were interviewed ahead of the gig on RTE Radio One, Today FM, Phantom and Spin yesterday.

Missed all of them but they did post a link to a video of them being interviewed and singing on Ireland AM: http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

This was really great. Great songs, good skits, really enjoyed it

bogmanfan wrote: »
    This was really great. Great songs, good skits, really enjoyed it

One of the best shows I've went to. Surprisingly great! Wouldn't hesitate going to see them again.

Advertisement