Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good non alcohol beer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I had one in London at the weekend called Bitburger - really nice. Not sure how easy it would be to get in Ireland, but by far the nicest one I have ever tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Just out of interest. I have recently stopped drinking and just miss having a bottle of beer with my friends watching the football on a Sunday afternoon. Is having a non-alcoholic beer a good substitute for this or I am going down a akward road?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Anotherreg

Joyce88 wrote: »
    Just out of interest. I have recently stopped drinking and just miss having a bottle of beer with my friends watching the football on a Sunday afternoon. Is having a non-alcoholic beer a good substitute for this or I am going down a akward road?

I tried Erdinger non al on Saturday night. It was tasty, but I wouldn't be bothered with more than two of them. Like any decent lager, it is served cold, which is fine when you have the alcohol with it to heat you up, but without alcohol it was too cold to drink three or four of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Depends on the individual, For me, I don't want to "pretend" to drink any more than I want to "pretend" to smoke (using an electronic cigarette). I am trying to change my thinking...not just find substitutes for past behaviors. But that's just my 2 cents. If they work for you, then use them as a tool to get you by, for now.Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It works for me... I'd have a becks if I'm not drinking and find it good.. Much better than sitting sipping a mineral all night..

At home I'd have becks an odd time too...

If we were having a bash in the house id have beer & becks in ice in the utility room.. I'd have becks every second one as some of the lads are real hard line and it helps me stay sober..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Hey just stumbled across this thread.

I love drinking alcohol but if i have to drive or collect someone i will drink nonalcoholic beer, i drink it because i actually enjoy the taste of beer/lager and if i go out to a bar to meet mates to watch a match etc i get one because it still taste like beer and doesn't go down too fast as soft drinks. Only issue i have with buying non alcoholic beer is the cost( im paying the same for non alcohol as I am a proper one) that really annoys me but then i dont need the wack off the drink to enjoy myself ( some might say whats the point of drinking so) but i do enjoy the taste and having the banter with friends without getting drunk if i need to go somewhere but hey if i dont i love drinking hA. Barvaria are me :)

Advertisement