Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Wines (Former Harvest Raven Terrace)

Options
  • 27-05-2011 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Fine Wines have taken over the old Harvest Off License and will be open in 2-3 weeks.

That is all. ;)

If posted already I couldn't find it so delete if applicable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Good news. That's a handy offie.

Hardly surprising considering the business they did on the big/sunny days

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It was a liquidator delay of sorts. I spoke to the Liquidator yesterday and he more or less said as much.

The last bit of wine was being removed by a previous creditor. Shop just needs some new signage, a mop and bucket and some fresh stock.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Great news. I've been moaning over the last few weeks about the lack of a decent off licence in the parish since Harvest went (the Blue Note does try though but it doesn't have the space).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Wahey.. Handy for sparchin' ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

thats the one beside the fire station yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tumblywumbly

'bout time!

sick of walking that extra bit to Monroe's offie, although they do good pizza!

Hurrah for new offie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Brilliant news!

does anyone know if it's opening soon???

No order received from them this week anyway. I'm in Galway Thursday and will suss it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Their website says it's opening this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

@Beer Baron: What kind of order would you be getting by them? They deliver their own stock from their warehouse in Limerick

They are opening Friday 1st July

cool, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

Opening the 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Offie related but not worth it's own thread.

Galway Hooker now available in 500ml Bottles. Had two on the couch last night and they were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

2 Hookers on the couch eh? Nice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

McTigs wrote: »

Galway Hooker now available in 500ml Bottles. Had two on the couch last night and they were delicious.
    Who stocks it?:)

Shanley wrote: »
    @Beer Baron: What kind of order would you be getting by them? They deliver their own stock from their warehouse in Limerick

I do the Premier Beers, Ales & Ciders and deliver direct. There is only one product I deliver to the Warehouse in Limerick because they use so much of it.
    McTigs wrote: »

I was given 16 bottles today. Shame though as I had to give 12 to the boss. :(
    johnnyk66 wrote: »
    Who stocks it?:)

The Blue Note have it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Available in McCambridges and Lohans in Salthill also.
    Though the Blue Note do 4 for a tenner, usually 2.75 a bottle

HB

Opening tomorrow, going to be a sunny day too I think!

Had a sneaky peak in the last day, its amazing the difference compared to Harvest, would make you wonder what they were at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I went by this place a couple of days ago. It still had not opened, despite having posters in the window advertising drink specials.

Anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭thecountessp

I heard that there's are a few outstanding tax issues from Harvest last year to be resolved, then they're good to go.

They are in court this Thurs to transfer the licence into there name and should be open the same day

Shanley wrote: »
    They are in court this Thurs to transfer the licence into there name and should be open the same day

Yes there have been many delays. The court being the only one really at the moment. Feckin Liquidator was also on holidays. :eek: :D

Opened today according to there Facebook anyways, anyone been down there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It was definitely open. Didn't have time to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I had a brief look around yesterday.

Firstly and most importantly, it's good to see a new business opening up in a previously vacant premises.

I rarely drink wine and judge an off-licence purely on its selection of quality beers. On that basis I'd give this Fine Wines a B-

On the plus side it has a good selection of Brewdog beers and a few from Brooklyn brewery. It also has a couple of Belgian bottles, a few German weissbiers and the like. Disappointingly I don't recall seeing any Irish craft beers or quality English ales. That said, the place has only just opened so hopefully the selection will grow over the weeks and months to come.

The prices of the good beers were fairly similar to what you'd pay in O'Brien's, Next Door, etc.

Advertisement