Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

96 FM Hospital Fund raiser

Options
  • 27-05-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Is it just me or am I supersensitive did anyone else find yesterdays fundraiser a bit over the top with regards to the stories aired,I know it was to help raise money but I personally thought they went a bit far, I spent the day crying it did not make me want to donate even though I did and would have irreguardless as I lost both parents and a friend to CANCER in actual fact I found myself turning it off. :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I wouldnt consider myself someone who would get teary eyed very easily but i was nearly in bits listening to some of the stories over the past few days. I don't consider what they are doing over the top at all. They are showing the real side of things and the real effects its having on the people that have to live with it afterwards. The manager of the call centre was on air and said around the times of the stories that the donations peak which shows that people are relating with whats being said and feel a need to help. Three very worthy places get money that's really needed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It has the effect needed.... people do contribute (moreso) after hearing the stories. I think it is sad that areas like these have to go looking for money constantly, I know it's reality but..... They do an inordinate amount of simply fantastic work and are a credit to their profession. The stories are real life stories, from people who have had the misfortune of using such services, of course they are hard to hear, unfortunately that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I have fundraised myself for the Cork for kids for the last few years. This year I will also contribute, but I understand what the OP is saying.
    With the kids stories it was all about them getting better etc. With this one it is very sad as a lot of the stories end in their loved ones dying. I cannot listen to it either.
    I hope that they raise a lot of money because cancer is something that will affect every family as some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

I agree with the OP that it was over the top, though I donated too.

Advertisement