Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Minchin 13th/14th Oct

Options
  • 27-05-2011 5:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well you asked for it and we didn’t want any ire in Ireland so Tim’s going to be heading to Dublin, for the first time since 2009, to do a couple of solo shows this October!

Tim Minchin Live
    Vicar St, Dublin
    Thursday 13th & Friday 14th October 2011
    Tickets go on sale via Ticketmaster on Tuesday 31st May at 9am.

As well as his grand piano and apparel befitting a style guru, Tim will be joined onstage by his iconic dance moves, wildly teased hair, gently calmed eyebrows, natural aplomb and his enormous… sense of occasion.

Get ready Ireland!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I want to go to this so bad :eek:

Thing is, its up on his site but nothing on ticketmaster or Vicar Street yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

:eek::eek::eek:

Tickets HAVE to be bought!!!!

I know what I'm getting the boyfriend for his birthday anyway :):)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say i will be announced tomorrow. Since Tim only put it up on his page on Friday

Onsale tomorrow , tickets €28.00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Got two tickets for the Thursday night earlier on, looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Yea, got tickets thismorning. My mate was gettin them for me and wanted to get balcony seats. we're first row anyway, so not so bad. Can't wait!

Front row on the thursday :) Went for friday first but all i got was table 30 and then tried thursday and got table 3 :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Thank you op, happened to pop into the forum and spotted Tim, mailing list with ticketmaster clearly failed!!! Got tickets there, whooop!

:D Got my tickets for Friday night.

I'm at table 37, what's that like for a view? I could only go the Friday night so got them when they came up.

So excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

REALLY wanted to go to this but it's only over 18's..>:( wtf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I think I Boards meet is in order that night! :D:D:D

Tim already knows he’ll enjoy the Dublin gigs in mid October so much that he’s added more dates in Ireland and will be back before the month of October can end. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9am:

Dublin
    Vicar Street
    Sunday 30th October 2011
    Tickets

Cork
    Opera House
    Monday 31st October
    Tickets

These shows are likely to sell out fast, as there has been a clamour for more Irish dates, so don’t miss out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 myslef

What did people think of the gig . Really had a great time and was my second time seeing him . Also
    Hey, Irelandians! Tim will be flying off (literally – he’ll be wearing a Superman costume and everything*) from his gig in Dublin tomorrow to make an appearance on RTÉ’s Late, Late Show!

The topical show will kick off tomorrow on RTÉ One at 9:35pm, with Tim expected to make an appearance shortly after 11pm. Let’s hope he remembers to put his underwear back on the inside beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I had a brilliant time and would gladly go back and see him again. Unfortunately I was sitting near a very rude man that kept shouting things up at Tim :mad: He got a telling off by one of the security people though :):)

I was never in Vicar St. before and I was surprised at how close I was from the stage :) It was nice to see how well he handled things when something goes wrong (the music messing up in Storm) Delighted I went and can't wait to see him again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Well balls seems he'll be rushing from the stage this evening out to be on the LateLate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Good gig, he interacts well with the audience, which had a couple of knobs in it as usual.

Shame he made a complete and utter bags of 'Storm'

Ah it wasn't his fault it was his sound guy... he recovered well though :)

Anyone think the F'up in Storm was a setup? Not taking anything away from Tim but if anyone who is at his next few gigs could say if he f'up again?

Also just watched him on the Late Late and he was great but surely they could have interviewed him after rushing to the studios for a 3 min song

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone think the F'up in Storm was a setup? Not taking anything away from Tim but if anyone who is at his next few gigs could say if he f'up again?

Also just watched him on the Late Late and he was great but surely they could have interviewed him after rushing to the studios for a 3 min song

Just back from vicar street and didn't notice any fook up in Strom.

Fantastic nights entertainment btw. First time seeing him live and I loved every minute of it.

• Advertisement

Great show, the man has impeccable timing and a fine arse :D

I was there on Friday night, what is it with stupid people shouting things out thinking they're funny? Mr. "Red red wine" man, on the off chance you read this, you are a knob and should be banned from future gigs.

Tim Minchin though, class act.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Great show, the man has impeccable timing and a fine arse :D

I was there on Friday night, what is it with stupid people shouting things out thinking they're funny? Mr. "Red red wine" man, on the off chance you read this, you are a knob and should be banned from future gigs.

Tim Minchin though, class act.

There was a few on thursday aswell , very annoying

Tell me about it :rolleyes: I was sitting infront of a guy that kept shouting up about 'Jules' and Tim's orchestra :mad: I was delighted when the security lady came up and told him to shut up or get out :D

If I had of known he was playing in Cork I would have gone.. Next time maybe :)

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Tell me about it :rolleyes: I was sitting infront of a guy that kept shouting up about 'Jules' and Tim's orchestra :mad: I was delighted when the security lady came up and told him to shut up or get out :D

If I had of known he was playing in Cork I would have gone.. Next time maybe :)

Was that on thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Was at the gig on Friday and thought he was great. Unfortunately our table was a corner one and the amount of people getting up and passing by the table to go to the toilet was unreal. In the first half of the gig (before the interval) it seemed like half of the downstairs audience had weak bladders and were going out to the toilet. It was very distracting.

The knobhead heckler who got removed from his seat was downstairs in the loo when the gig was over. I was at one of the urinals and the gimp was giving dogs abuse to the toilet attendent.

Was that on thursday night?

Yes! Was it you? If it was then shame on you.. :p

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Yes! Was it you? If it was then shame on you.. :p

Ha no but i remember the guy asking about the orchestra , i could hear him from front row :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shovetmed

yea i was at the show on Friday, what a knob red red wine guy was but tim handled it well, great show! might be going to the cork gig now too, halloween gig, exciting!! :)
    Any chance of a meet and greet beforehand?

Advertisement