Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan is new leader of the Green Party

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

View wrote: »
    The decision to move to digital television was made circa 2005 or so if memory serves me correctly. It is also happening in all other EU member states and was intially supposed to be completed by Jan 1 2012. As such, the decision predates Ryan's tenure as a Minister.

Indeed, if you want to fault him, you can criticise him for failing to set a date to switch off the analogue TV system. Ireland hasn't done so despite having one of the smallest percentage of the population who receive analogue TV (this being mainly due to the large numbers who receive either Sky or UPC/NTL). As such, we are one of the laggards at making the switch over.
    i do have the old tv, so i will have to purchase one of those new tv,s to receive the channels, i know there is a box, but for a few euro more i am sure i will be able to pick up the tv, the one i have is fifteen yrs old, the big awkward, heavy, type.

Advertisement