Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ways to get back into study habits

• 27-05-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I just returned from my graduation mass last night. The week before it was my grad night. This last week at school I've found it very difficult to put my head down and lift a pencil. I did some work during the week but nowhere near as little as I did today.

Today I answered about one full Biology question. The rest of the time I just spent reading over all my old answers.

I got 370 points in my mocks, which is ok for what I want to do afterwards. It could be that I got cocky with this many points and I felt more relaxed. I don't know.

But I've really started to lose it right about now and I'm worried about it with my LC coming up in two weeks.

Maybe if I come into school for weekend/daytime study it might help. I was considering doing this as in-school study for 6th years is free.

Do any of you guys think this might help me to focus better or have you any other methods of ways I can buckle down and start studying more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

I found it easier by just remembering what you want and how many points you need. It is no harm to aim for higher points just to give you a cushion. To be honest you should head back to the school, i'm sure they'll accomodate you. I could never study at home, i stayed in school. Just work from exam papers and talk to teachers about areas you find difficult. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

Would it help to consider the FACT that 370 points in your mocks means NOTHING.

I'm not exaggerating when I say NOTHING.

In fact, getting 370 points in your mocks puts you at a massive disadvantage, really.

Those papers are not marked by Leaving Cert examiners.

And you just got very lucky that the areas you studied came up.

In fact - OMG GUESS WHAT - you lucked out badly BIG TIME, in that the areas you studied came up, and in which you could do well, came up in the mocks and NOT in the real thing.

Sucks to be you and all that.

So really, the fact that you lucked out in the mocks, means that you should be most very worried for the real thing!

Bestest of luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Paauull

:D

In fact, getting 370 points in your mocks puts you at a massive disadvantage, really.

In fact - OMG GUESS WHAT - you lucked out badly BIG TIME, in that the areas you studied came up, and in which you could do well, came up in the mocks and NOT in the real thing.

So really, the fact that you lucked out in the mocks, means that you should be most very worried for the real thing!

Bestest of luck!!!

Harsh much?

im the same as you!! i cannot study at home!!! i did it last year and know im repeating :| school is the only way in my opinion!! if you focus in this last week you'll be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Bestest of luck!!!

Well whatever about the op ....... You've got me studying!!!!! :eek:

Advertisement