Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Waste Management

Options
  • 27-05-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Was on their web site today and its 88 euro per year and 6.40 per lift.

I know there is another thread about this but I cant find it...:confused:

Does anyone use this service here? How is the lift paid for? price tag or what? Are they reliable?

Left my black bin out today for fingal to collect and some idiot robbed the bin tag and my bin wasn't collected (first time my bin had no tag) Not impressed :mad:

Any info on Panda would be great, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm with Panda... I pay 23.50 per month and that includes the a black bin lift every week and a green and brown bin lift every other week, alternating.

They're great, I pay it with a card in the post office, but you can pay through DD or credit card also. They collect really early in the morning and never missed a collection during the snow! They'll take the bin if it's over filled (whereas Fingal wouldn't take it if the lid was opened) and if you leave a bag beside the bin they'll take it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

January wrote: »
    I'm with Panda... I pay 23.50 per month and that includes the a black bin lift every week and a green and brown bin lift every other week, alternating.

They're great, I pay it with a card in the post office, but you can pay through DD or credit card also. They collect really early in the morning and never missed a collection during the snow! They'll take the bin if it's over filled (whereas Fingal wouldn't take it if the lid was opened) and if you leave a bag beside the bin they'll take it too.

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Are Panda going to a new system where you pay by the lift now, or is that for next year?

Haven't heard anything from them yet, I think you can still do it by the lift in some areas... and they just bill you quarterly then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

€23.50 a month is €282 a year so unless you're in a big family with the need to put out your black bin every week, it's probably better value sticking with Fingal. €110 a year standing charge and €8 a lift means even if you put out your black bin every 3rd week it's still going to cost you under €250 for the year.

€23.50 a month is €282 a year so unless you're in a big family with the need to put out your black bin every week, it's probably better value sticking with Fingal. €110 a year standing charge and €8 a lift means even if you put out your black bin every 3rd week it's still going to cost you under €250 for the year.

Two young kids still in nappies so it helps a lot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Yes I am still with Fingal. I only put my black bin out about every 8 weeks or so.

Tag system is a bit of a pain having to remember to buy a tag before collection day so Panda is great I amsure for the convenience of Direct Debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

Justask wrote: »

Left my black bin out today for fingal to collect and some idiot robbed the bin tag and my bin wasn't collected (first time my bin had no tag) Not impressed :mad:
    happened to me once, dont know if it was robbed or blew off. i rang up fingal and complained. they asked me to quote the number on the other bit of the tag that you keep. and they said they'd send a truck around within a couple of days. never happened but apparently they have a truck that goes around and collects genuine missed pick ups. since that day though i staple the tag on the bin every time it's put out. haven't had a problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Two young kids still in nappies so it helps a lot ;)

I've a newborn, and use eco-friendly/compostable nappies which by themselves could be put into Fingal's brown bins. However Fingal won't accept human or animal waste in the bins (i.e., no soiled nappies), so I'm stuck with using the black bin for these. They constitute at least half the black bin load so it's a pain.

Think I looked at Panda before but there was an additional charge for a brown bin (at least at the time), and I don't have the waste to justify switching. They do look very efficient though, always around the estate early in the morning.

• Advertisement

Brown bin is inclusive of price now :)

One other good thing to note about Panda is that if you are a household customer with them, if you need a skip you also get a discount on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sleepyboots

Panda have different pricing for different county council area, they are not doind the fixed fee of €282 in Fingal anymore the only option is €88 service charge and €6.40 for black bin and the green and brown are included in the service charge. No tags they send you an invoices every 2 months to your email. They even txt you to tell you the sent an invoices.. so handy if you dont always look at your email.

Panda have different pricing for different county council area, they are not doind the fixed fee of €282 in Fingal anymore the only option is €88 service charge and €6.40 for black bin and the green and brown are included in the service charge. No tags they send you an invoices every 2 months to your email. They even txt you to tell you the sent an invoices.. so handy if you dont always look at your email.

Not for existing customers, still only being charged 282 for the year and get a reminder text every month to tell me my bill has to be paid, 23.50 per month...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sleepyboots

As far as i know they will be phasing that price out on renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just to clarify guys as im in need of a switch due to two babies under one :0)
    we are currently with Fingal CC and have paid the yearly fee up untill dec 2011. we still have to pay the 8 euro pick up... we are looking at switching to panda as they pick up every week which would suit us. Do they provide a service that bills you on the amount of pick ups that you have or do you have to pre-pay for the pick ups and they wont collect unless you have paid before... similiarly to Fingal CC tagging system. I ask because this would be so handy for me as im always forgetting to get a tag and then i have a full bin sitting for two weeks full of maggots by the time it gets collected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gina2004

As far as I know they have an electronic tagging system so your tag can't be robbed.....my tags were being stolen by my neighbours so I switched and his problem was solved.....also I think you can pay a half years fee of €45 with panda......it cost 6.45 or there about for a lift and you top up your account from you bank or lazer card etc....so there is no going to the shops to buy a tag......just more handy.....

Advertisement