Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attention seeking facebook..

• 27-05-2011 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

is fb a mecca for attention seeking?,i witness more misery in statues :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

If it's that bad maybe you should close your account!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

is fb a mecca for attention seeking?,i witness more misery in statues :confused:

No more so than some sections of Boards..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I hate those Facebook Philosophers.

"I try to fly but fall without my wings..."

No shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

I love stalkin young ones on fb Mmmm young ones.

but seriously some ppl just put their whole life story on there,pathetic really but you just gota laugh at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cruiser178 wrote: »
    some ppl

please think of us adults before you type!
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Seachmall wrote: »

No shit.

Someone didn't have their Red Bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I hate people who put things like
    " OMG my life is so ****" "OMG, people should stop spreading rumours about me"
    and then if anyone comments they say they don't want to talk about it on fb.

DON'T BLOODY PUT IT ON FACEBOOK THEN!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just block the updates of any morons you happen to be friends with, you know the ones I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

No shit.

Mhmmmmmm.

Also, statuses like this ':('. I don't think any more words are necessary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

some ppl

please think of us adults before you type!
    :(

no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Slow Show wrote: »
    [Britney Spears Video]
    I'm assuming the quote is from that song which would make sense because this particular person has a Britney Spears tattoo. And a Jedward tattoo.

I shit you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

no you just go to the facebook website and create a new account granny

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm assuming the quote is from that song which would make sense because this particular person has a Britney Spears tattoo. And a Jedward tattoo.

I shit you not.

If you're not closely related to this person or getting regular action off them you should probably never talk to them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Or people who put every damn thing on facebook, about how they are scratching their arse, I usually only use it for ranting purposes, for sanity through work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

There's been an awful lot of Facebook threads in AH over the last week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

I only really post images/links I find funny or news links I find hard to believe.

A girl I have on my list purely for dramatic entertainment posted this the other day:

"Sum ppl boil my fkn piss!"

Pure knack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If you didn't know me and saw a status of mine you'd probably think I was weird.

''Quick power **** before bed I think <3''

Or a friend of mine says

''The rain outside sounds so nice''
    Me:Like the sound of my cock hitting off my tummy

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

UrbanSea wrote: »
    If you didn't know me and saw a status of mine you'd probably think I was weird.

Or a friend of mine says

You're weird

I don't even have to try <3

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

LIKE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Or a friend of mine says

The fact that your a woman makes it disturbing

What makes you think I'm a woman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

poxy Vague bookers! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

"So tired...."

Just go to f**king sleep then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

'off to bed....'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

This is true - the ugly, fat, boring people post the most sh1te simply because they now have a forum to spout their crap.

People never paid them any attention before and now they think the world is now interested in their tripe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

'ppl r so meen, f u r readin dis den u shud gro up, so depressed its unreel XxXx'
    'u ok babez?xxx
    'head up chicken xoxoxo'
    'mail me hun!!!! xxxxxxx'
    'tanks girlys, luv yas 2 bits <3 XxXxX'

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Emoi

The Shtig wrote: »
    'mail me hun!!!! xxxxxxx'

'Hun' has to be my most HATED nickname stupid little ***** use.

I know a knobsack that posts the name of every posh club and restaurant she goes into in London, while the rest of us count out copper coins to make enough for a bag of chips on a Friday evening back home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

An idiot on fb frequently posts along the lines of ''OMG having the worst week ever, my life sucks, I feel so sick blaa blaa blaaa,
    Then some concerned friend comments asking if shes ok and the reply is ''oh ya im fine really, just felt like a moan''.
    Give me strenght!! Have to constantly talk myself out of posting ''no body gives a f***''
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

can't stand the people that just put up a :-( , or cant sleep, get off facebook and that might help you gimp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I don't know why people are complaining so much about idiots on Facebook, prior to its proliferation you could hang out with somebody for a couple of weeks before realising that they are actually an annoying idiot, whereas now you can add them on Facebook (or more likely, they'll add you well before you even know them properly) and you can see their idiocy in the rubbish they post, thus saving you the effort of finding out the long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

FML is the one I hate "lost an earring, FML" I mean really? I have atmost 10 people I get updates from on facebook the rest are blocked, if I havent spoken to you in person in the last 6 months then I dont care what you had for breakfast.

and people who use txt spk on a keyboard, you morons. "omg ppl r so stupid n dey try ruin evryting fr me al the time cos dey b haters lololxxxx chica hun babes"

get yourself sterilised you cretin, so your spawn wont be using more of our oxygen.

oh and heres the one that anyone that uses it should just be killed outright:

"going out wit the girlies tonight WOOP WOOP!"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I love FB, it means I can get the all the answers I need

Like when need to get someone's mother's name nd date of birth to reset their email password. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Karamoja

If all your friends are annoying the shyte out of you on Facebook, this is what you should do:

Anytime they whine or complain about something, which I'm sure is a lot, everybody knows a few facebook whiners, just type this as a comment:

www.whitewhine.com

I started doing it to the worst offender on my home page and now she has calmed down with the whining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

Or a friend of mine says

I wish there were more people like that on mine :'] At least I'd get a laugh every now and then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I mainly use FaceFuck for work but when I do use it personally, I'm amazed at the garbage some of my 'friends' post. There's this one girl who never stops moaning about men, about how they're bastards (she's a single mother.) It's just really pathetic behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

some ppl

no

Know what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Have to constantly talk myself out of posting ''no body gives a f***''
    :mad::mad::mad:

You should for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Emoi

YFlyer wrote: »
    You should for the laugh.

I'm logging on to fb now and the next gimpy post is getting it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I never understand it.... Tho i do find the arguments they cause really amusing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

People who upload a religious symbol with a quote like and wonder why they dont get many thumbs up ,quotes or any at all . Like we are not all terribly religious and some are just not religious at all and if you relly want to get closer to God then go light a candle at your local church .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Murphax

I despise people that join cringeworthy emotional groups....... ''why do we cry is it science or emotion'' ...................... puke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭David Matthew

Why complain about Facebook? It offers you a service, doesn't charge for it (although I'm sure it has plenty of ulterior motives in signing you up). ;)

Sick of status updates? Really? I think what you might mean is that you're sick and tired of how boring and mindless most of your friends' updates are. If you want more interesting updates, befriend interesting people! And if you get sick of certain updates, just filter them out.

This video is pretty funny - facebook gets a roasting! (Well, it turns on MySpace pretty quickly)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'm personally of the opinion that I should be allowed to kill people or at least sterilize them based on the crap they post on FB. Then again,i do find their constant updates on their love lives or lack there of amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

This Facebook bollocks seems to cause a lot of people a lot of stress and angst. Between posting on it, hating people on it, and posting on boards to complain about it. Have a nice cup of tea, perhaps a digestive biscuit if that's the way the day is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Sergeant wrote: »
    This Facebook bollocks seems to cause a lot of people a lot of stress and angst. Between posting on it, hating people on it, and posting on boards to complain about it. Have a nice cup of tea, perhaps a digestive biscuit if that's the way the day is going.

goldgrain man, chocolate goldgrain.

Advertisement