Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which poets do you think are going to come up?

Options
  • 27-05-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if there is already a thread on this, but I was just wondering which poets people are studying. I think I'm just going to do the three women because a women always comes up.Fingers crossed they don't break the tradition!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

I'm focusing on Wordsworth, Dickinson and Frost. Wordsworth hasn't come up in ages so he's tipped to come up but in saying that, anyone could come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

It's never good to bank on a certain poet coming up... loads of people did it last year and were screwed when Boland didn't come up. They could very well decide to not put a woman poet on the paper this year- you're supposed to be prepared for any of the prescribed poets to come up.

We have covered Frost, Boland, Rich and Yeats in school and I know those inside out. I'll probably cover another one (or two) over the next week, just so I have a backup if the questions are nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

trust me boland has to come up! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

irish_man wrote: »
    trust me boland has to come up! :P

That's what they said last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

That's what they said last year...

hence the joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Frost. Dickinson. Boland.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Frost or Boland, Hopkins or Dickinson, Yeats or Kavanagh or Rich, Wordsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Dickinson (boland is up next year again)
    Frost
    Yeats (Irish poet)
    Hopkins (old and harder poet)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Hopefully Boland, Dickinson or Wordsworth. I don't think Boland will be on though, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I had a sneaking suspicion a woman might not feature at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 JamrockRover

My teacher said learn
    Frost
    Dickinson
    Boland
    Wordsworth
    and we'll be fine

Hope hes right :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

We did Kavanagh, Yeats, Frost, Dickinson, Boland, Rich..

We were told to learn Boland, Dickinson and Frost as bankers.

Luckily for me I know Yeats and Kav inside out although they both came up last year, as well I also know the main three, B, D, F.

Steering clear of Rich as she came up twice in the last three years..

I''m Learning 5 poets. So that way I'll have at least one if worst comes to worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Hi everyone, just to let ye know, I'm running a poll on which poets will come up on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056282021 . . .if anyone thinks they've cracked the code for this year, or just wants to vote for who they really think will come up, your votes will be really useful. . .Thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Having done the exam last year, i can tell you a lot of other students were gambling on one poet coming up and she didn't, her name was Boland, the odds were very favourable on her coming up. Anyhow lads, don't bank on just one or two poets coming up because you are playing a risky game. I studied four and thankfully Adrienne Rich came up, so lads don't limit your options too much. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Frost
    Boland

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Too many threads about this at the moment!

Take it here or here, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement