Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Valuation Report

Options
  • 27-05-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi

I need to get my House Valued for my solicitor -

I rang around a couple of estate agents today - most said they would need to get back to me - while one game me a price of € 100 ( if i give him cash ! ) another more established place said € 300 ex vat

Anyone gotten a valuation done recently and any idea on the cost

I really dont want to be overpaying - for what essentially will take five minutes of guessing !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Hey OP

3 months ago it cost me €140. That was with a company in Dundrum. I can PM you the name if you live in Dublin. Im not sure if they are nationwide...maybe they are, im ]ust not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

We paid 130€ in January for a company in Dublin 6. The bank told us that 130€ was a pretty standard fee for a valuation. We did happen to pay cash but were not asked to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Don't you have to use the fella which is appointed by bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 curv

Minier81 wrote: »
    We paid 130€ in January for a company in Dublin 6. The bank told us that 130€ was a pretty standard fee for a valuation. We did happen to pay cash but were not asked to!!

Hi Minier 150 sounds fair price - im in Rathfarnham - I'd be grateful if you could pm the guy in d6 - thanks
    Don't you have to use the fella which is appointed by bank?

Nah what we are doing has nothing to do with Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

man .. save yourself the money.

Contact a few estate agents, tell them you are selling the house and after they do the look around get them to send you an email with a proposal and quoting a valuation .. won't cost you a penny.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

130 is the normal fee for a valuation. And while the actual valuation does only take a few minutes to inspect the house, the act of putting a signature on such a valuation letter has implications for a valuer.

In my case, it costs me a lot per annum to be in a position to sign such letters - between auditors fees, licence fees, valuation body membership, professional indemnity insurance etc. it all adds up.

If its for a bank, the "email with a value" won't suffice as the bank usually require the valuation to be completed on their own paperwork. Most banks also now ask for at least 2 other recent sales that are comparable to the valuation being given, as evidence.

Advertisement