Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone please explain Just mobile deal???

Options
  • 27-05-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for someone to explain theie €18 PM deal, limitations etc
    I dont understand!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Nobody does - basically it should be advertised as x amount of any network calls per month for €18.

Instead they give you 200 mins (I think) and take your credit for it, rather than the real networks which allow you to spend this along with giving you texts or something for free

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

From the terms and conditions:
    Each topup of €18 provides an Eligible Customer with 250 JUST points. 1 JUST point is equal to 1 call minute or 2.4 texts. These points are used for calls and texts made in the Republic of Ireland to any standard mobile or landline number in the Republic of Ireland.

Thus, for €18 you can make 250 minutes of calls (if you send no texts) or 600 texts (if you make no calls) or any combination of them up to the 250 points provided.

Or to put it differently, if you use up all 250 minutes calls would cost you 7c per minute (18/250) or if you would use it all for texts then texts would cost you 3c per text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

blaz wrote: »
    From the terms and conditions:

Thus, for €18 you can make 250 minutes of calls (if you send no texts) or 600 texts (if you make no calls) or any combination of them up to the 250 points provided.

Or to put it differently, if you use up all 250 minutes calls would cost you 7c per minute (18/250) or if you would use it all for texts then texts would cost you 3c per text.

In summary, avoid Just Mobile at all costs. They're a waste of space. Vodafone/O2/Meteor all have better value deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

DjFlin wrote: »
    In summary, avoid Just Mobile at all costs. They're a waste of space. Vodafone/O2/Meteor all have better value deals.

how you get this?

they gave you 250 minutes or 600txt and you still have 18euro on account and start using credit after this I think?

fAzI wrote: »
    how you get this?

they gave you 250 minutes or 600txt and you still have 18euro on account and start using credit after this I think?

Aside from the sub-par service on all fronts?

Top up by twenty euro on Vodafone, you get free texts to any network, I dont know about you, but I definitely send more than 600 texts per month.

Vodafones call rate is 29c per minute, so thats €7.25 for 250 minutes.

Meteor and O2 have offers pretty much identical to Vodafones.

Just Mobile only recently launched its mobile internet service, which is free until the 30th of June, no word on pricing after that. Vodafone are offering free mobile internet until the end of the summer.

Also worth noting that unlike other networks, your credit expires after 30 days.
    Direct quote from their site:
    Any unused credit from an €18 topup that is 30 days old will be removed and JUST points will be reset until another topup of €18 is made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

DjFlin wrote: »
    Aside from the sub-par service on all fronts?

Top up by twenty euro on Vodafone, you get free texts to any network, I dont know about you, but I definitely send more than 600 texts per month.

Vodafones call rate is 29c per minute, so thats €7.25 for 250 minutes.

Meteor and O2 have offers pretty much identical to Vodafones.

Just Mobile only recently launched its mobile internet service, which is free until the 30th of June, no word on pricing after that. Vodafone are offering free mobile internet until the end of the summer.

Also worth noting that unlike other networks, your credit expires after 30 days.
    Direct quote from their site:

I think 250 minutes on vodafone work out at 72.50 not 7.25!

lomb wrote: »
    I think 250 minutes on vodafone work out at 72.50 not 7.25!

My bad.

Its not a bad deal but emobile offers 800 texts and 800 minutes for 21.50 a month for the first year taking into account the bonus credit offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

lomb wrote: »
    Its not a bad deal but emobile offers 800 texts and 800 minutes for 21.50 a month for the first year taking into account the bonus credit offer.

To get the credit you have to schedule €10 top up every week. Cancel the schedule and the free credit stops. So you'll add €10 pw anyway. That x52 = €520 /12 is €43.33 pm!!!

jarvis wrote: »
    To get the credit you have to schedule €10 top up every week. Cancel the schedule and the free credit stops. So you'll add €10 pw anyway. That x52 = €520 /12 is €43.33 pm!!!

Nope I emailed them to confirm this. Actually its scheduling one 20 euro top up a month qualifies it. All you need to do is put 20 or 30 in to begin with as theres a time delay in receiving free credit, schedule one 20 euro top up IMMEDIATELY per month and thats it, it will run for over a year without worry.
    Works out around 21.50 or so a month as its 10x52=520-260= 260 for 12 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement