Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serie 9 Bath Shower Mixer TCBathrooms

• 27-05-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have recently got one of these installed and the flow rate from the spout is awful, the little hand held shower attachment at the side seems to have much better flow.

I have mains pressure for the hot and cold throughout the house, any ideas on what might cause this, anyone with experience of this fitting ?

Best regards, Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

What do you mean you have mains pressure throughout the house.... This is not usual. Is your house pressurised.....?

If its not then its a gravity system. This is where the problem is. You have a high pressure contenantal bath shower mixer not designed for the irish plumbing and the irony is its perfect to sell them here because legally the plumber should not have installed it if high pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

... nope, hot and cold are both pressurised, it is something I requested when the plumbing went it. So there is no problem with the pressure. There is a non return valve on that unit which I am suspicious of...

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

bauderline wrote: »
    ... nope, hot and cold are both pressurised, it is something I requested when the plumbing went it. So there is no problem with the pressure. There is a non return valve on that unit which I am suspicious of...

P.

Excellent...Well done. I agree with your suspecian. Is there an arrow on the valve to indicate the correct direction because can think of what else it can be,

Advertisement