Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound problem on my computer. Need help ASAP!

• 27-05-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

As above, need help fast. Sound is gone on my laptop. When I go into "settings" onto "control panel" and into "sound and ausio devices" is says I have no audio device.
    A couple of days during the week it said trying to install new hardware, but there was no new hardware or disks connected to the computer.

Help greatly appreciated.

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sandisk

What is the make and model of your laptop and what operating system is it running ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

sandisk wrote: »
    What is the make and model of your laptop and what operating system is it running ?

Acer Extensa 5210 running Windows Xp

Download the audio driver from here >> http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers and you should be good to go but make sure you select Xp as your Os.

Download the audio driver from here >> http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers and you should be good to go but make sure you select Xp as your Os.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that and leave you know how I get on.

Mark

No problem. I've uploaded the exact file to rapidshare for you so you'll know the right one for sure, you can get it from here >> https://rapidshare.com/files/3236140271/Audio_Realtek_5.10.0.5423_XPx86.zip

Hope it does the job :)

• Advertisement

Still no joy Sandisk

Ok well as that's the driver either it's (audio device) configured incorrectly in the control settings or the device in general is bunched.

Can you right click on "my computer", hit "properties", click the "hardware tab" and then "device manager".

When you get to the device manager, look to the "audio/sounds" and see if there is any yellow (!) exclamation mark there or in the device manager in general to be sure everything is working as it should.

If there in no yellow exclamation mark then I'm guessing you will have to go into the audio settings in the control panel.

Have a look at the device manager first and see whats happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Hey,
    As sandisk has said there should be a reference to the sound devices in the device manager and an exclaimation mark indicating a problem with the driver. Try clicking on Add/remove hardware in the control panel to tell the system to check for 'new' devices.
    However if there are no sound devices shown at all then it is possible that the onboard audio may be disabled in the bios. Its rare for that to happen but check it out by restarting the laptop and enter bios/setup by pressing(usually) f2. Look for a mention of audio and make sure it is enabled. Save and exit.
    Good luck

Sandisk,

I tried the right click and on into properties in "My computer"

This is what showed up. Attachment; Doc1 as you can see shows an exclamation mark next to "Other devices" There are no other devices on my laptop and I did not try to add any :confused:

Attachment Doc 2 is what comes up when I pick a song to play in Media player.

Attachment Doc 3 is when I go into Sound and audio through control panel, as you can see I cannot press any tabs :mad:

That problem in the device manager, try right click it, and click uninstall and run through the procedure and then restart your laptop and go back into the device manager and see if it's still there.

• Advertisement

Also are you sure you downloaded the correct driver from the site as in the xp one ? Look at my rapidshare link and that's the correct driver.

Also to be sure go to the acer page I linked and after selecting your model and xp as the operation system, download the "chipset" driver and install and restart your machine and see if you have any joy.

Sorted now, thanks for that Sandisk. Pleasure to get such good directions, youtube is on full swing again. Thanks again

Just getting a chance to view this thread now and great to see you got sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Just out of curiosity can I ask what actually fixed it in the end?

Advertisement