Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live restricted because of NAT type on Eircom Netopia

Options
  • 27-05-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi there Guys. Firstly let me say i am actually a dumbass where all this stuff is concerned but in a nutshell i have just bought myself a new xbox after my old one fried during the week. I am trying to get back online and get it all connected buts its taken me two hours (after waiting to get through for half an hour) and then going through the usual steps of 'turn off your router and wait 30 seconds etc etc . Anyway i have now managed to get it all connected and the router is now talking to xbox live but i have just got the following error on my screen.

"Your NAT type is strict. People on networks with this type may not be able to join certain games or hear other people while playing online. For the best online experience, you need to Open NAT configuration."

Now i am on my mac and i have the netopia router page open so i can change the settings and i have chosen what service names i thought were applicable in the drag down list such as -xbox 360 media center, battlefield communicator, xbox live 360 but thats as far as i can get. I have also set the firewall to low..so now what

can anyone please give me a step by step of how to set my NAT settings to OPen as i am totally lost. The xbox live guys told me he was adverse to tell me how to do them in case i messed it all up and he said to call my service providers ~(at which point i started to cry cause its eircom and they are closed for the weekend And well because its eircom and they will tell me to read a manual or something...

can someone please help me..pleaaasee i am so stuck but so nearly there....

any advice so greatly and kindly excepted but remember i need instructions for a dumb ass cause i am really not that great with all that stuff

Salmo636

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Simple. Ignore the port forwarding and all that messin. Set up your connection as you normally would until you get to IP address, instead of automatic or manual choose "PPPoE". It will ask you for a username and password.
    Username-broadband1
    Password-broadband1
    Let me know if this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 salmo636

Hi there - that seems to have done the trick!! Thank you very much...David

Thanks as well Shane I will print this out and keep it because I know I'll need it at some point....

Advertisement