Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's your signiture dish??

Options
  • 27-05-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

on this forum for the first time, browsing while my fillet of pork with stuffing is cooking away and got me thinking.... what are people's signiture dish??

i can't say id have one per say but i do some of the best roasts. the fillet of pork, with stuffing and streaky bacon is my first time doing it. but i love doing anything with roast veggies. got a great reciepe from jamie oliver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I guess a lot of people are posting their favourite dishes on the Cooking Club forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Gawd, I'd say anything with Chorizo! I spatchcock chickens & throw them onto the BBQ all the time. Great for feeding a group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I'm definitly a great roast dinner maker!
    I poke loads of garlic slices into a full chicken and roast it so that when you slice it there are bits of garlic in each slice.
    I have a great touch with roasters too. I par boil them in very salty water then put them in a roasting tray with really hot oil.

I love making roast dinners but I love eating them more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

olaola wrote: »
    Gawd, I'd say anything with Chorizo! I spatchcock chickens & throw them onto the BBQ all the time. Great for feeding a group.

+1 on the chorizo. It's is so damn tasty it should really be considered cheating-a bit like adding MSG or crack or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Ye old Spag Bol, left to reduce over 2 hours or so. Yum!

Also, chicken fillet with a rasher wraparound, corn on the cob and fried slices of sweet potato. Om nom. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

markesmith wrote: »

Also, chicken fillet with a rasher wraparound, corn on the cob and fried slices of sweet potato. Om nom. :pac:

Corn on the cob is so underrated. I LOVE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

markesmith wrote: »

Spag Bol here too! I make a huge batch and freeze some of it... and use some for a lasagne. Either is an excuse to open a bottle of wine too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

My first time here on the cooking forum

I'd like to think its my interpretation of traditional Alsatian flammenkuche but I think my OH would say its my garlic and herb butter :eek:
    I'm not sure if thats a complement.... ;)

Advertisement