Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 14:Bisping V Mayhem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Ush1 wrote: »
    I used the word premeditated deliberately.:)

I believe he knew if he threw the knee it was illegal and Rivera wouldn't be defending it but threw it anyway.

That doesn't really qualify as pre-meditated though. For it to count as pre-meditated it would have to be something he planned to do before the situation arose, ie before the fight even started.
    If he merely chose to take advantage of the opportunity when it arose, that means its a deliberate and scummy move, but not premeditated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

before i go on let me just state i cannot stand bisping. however, looking at the knee he throws it as rivera moves the knee off the ground for a fraction of a second. when it connects it is back down. i was wondering if the same idea applies to this that applies to a punch thrown to the back of the head that the receipient has turned his head into? that being that when the strike was initiated it's thrown at a legal area or situated opponent but then the opponent moves into a situation that makes it illegal it is at the his/her own risk and not deemed an illegal blow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That doesn't really qualify as pre-meditated though. For it to count as pre-meditated it would have to be something he planned to do before the situation arose, ie before the fight even started.
    If he merely chose to take advantage of the opportunity when it arose, that means its a deliberate and scummy move, but not premeditated.

If you look at the definition it does qualify as premeditated. Maybe just move on from this anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

If you look at the definition it does qualify as premeditated. Maybe just move on from this anyway...

I have looked at the definition, deliberation is only part of it, it also mentions pre-planning. Its part of why most cases of assault that end in death are ruled as manslaughter instead of murder, it has to have been decided upon outside of the moment itself.

I'm happy to let it go now though, let us resume speaking of Bisping being a twat.
    Although I think Miller's team will have fared better overall in the series, I don't see Miller beating Bisping in the Finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Maybe we can move on from discussing rubbish!

Bisping showed his class yet again in this episode, has to be one of the biggest dicks in sports. I would love miller to beat him but i think it will be bisping using his footwork and kickboxing to get a points victory.

Talk of a title shot from ed soares is comical, bisping has never beaten anyone at a top level, the 3 times he has fought a top opponent he has lost, henderson, silva and Evans. Akiyama should have taken him but tried to knock him out instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wow, Michael Bisping continues to cover himself in glory this week!

Can you imagine a scenario where Chael beat Silva and they stuck Bisping in against him? How much fun would that be?

Chael would become the biggest and most popular star in the sport!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Once again Bisping proves that he is a díckhead. I loved it when Ryan Parsons had a go at him.
    The rant Bisping had at the fight announcement showed what an idiot he is.
    I wonder what'll happen next week with the injury to Delorme. From the clip of next weeks episode it looks like it got worse and he couldn't possibly fight with that foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wow, Michael Bisping continues to cover himself in glory this week!

Can you imagine a scenario where Chael beat Silva and they stuck Bisping in against him? How much fun would that be?

Chael would become the biggest and most popular star in the sport!

Bisping better hope Silva beats Chael. In some parallel universe somewhere Bisping lands a shot on Silva's chin. No universe exists where Sonnen doesn't grapple **** him to death.

as strange as it would be & the questions that may arise from it i somehow think a lot of people would get great enjoyment of watching sonnen "grapple **** him to death"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I don't know what "grapple ****" is, but I think I'd like to see Sonnen do it to Bisping. Diego Brandao looked very good last night. I'm making my prediction now: Brandao v Corassani in the featherweight finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I couldn;t stop laughing at Mayhem. "I don't know why Michael is such as asshole? Maybe he has a small penis". Said as nonchalantly as you like haha :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I never knew much about Miller before TUF, i heard from many sources that he was a gobshite but IMO he's been excellent, his coaching is WAYYYY above Bisping.

I hate Bisping even more now.

When UFC came to Dublin i won a backstage tour and meets with the fighters from UFC Fightclub. The guy showing us around took us into a VIP bar and Bisping was there, he asked me if i wanted to meet him, "Nah, he's a nob". He didn't know what to say!

hmm, where's a charlie sheen quote of "winning" when you need it over not meeting bisping becasue he was a noob :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I used the word premeditated deliberately.:)

I believe he knew if he threw the knee it was illegal and Rivera wouldn't be defending it but threw it anyway.

That means it was deliberate not premeditated. He didn't sit about days before the fight planning it.
    So, that's pretty much what I said in my first post.

Edit: I just seen the post about the definition and moving away from this. Fair enough, I think the point has been amde at this stage.

I just read that the try-outs for TUF15 are being held on Dec 5th.
    Its Lightweights and Welterweights.
    They only done Welterweights last season, and lightweights the season before that.
    I thought maybe they'd go with Heavyweights or Light Heavyweights this time. I wonder why they chose those weights again so soon.

• Advertisement

Cos the heavyweights were terrible.
    Top heavyweights have been fighter years, Overeem, or a strong background, Carwin, Lesnar, Cain. There are lots of mediocre heavyweights, getting through fights on size, there's no need to have try outs for the average guys.

205 is stacked. They did that division at the same time as 155 (which is also stacked). 155 can also act as a feeder to the 145 division as smaller guys cut down.
    185 could of done with it, but they did that with 170 last season. 170 needs fighters imo.

was bisping under strict orders to behave this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Looked like it alright, a lot let less hadbags last night.

The fight ended up looking like a bit of a mismatch really but the semi finals all look like great fights and have little storylines of their own. I'm starting to like this season afterall :D

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    TJ looked awesome. Very strong, good stand up, good wrestling, brutal GnP. Awesome.

Diego is in the final. Bryan is beaten already. You could see how anxious he was when the first fight was being announced. He even said "f*ck" when he found out he was fighting Diego! He also didn't wanna look him in the eye at the staredown. He's very scared.

Why would he up under orders this week???

All the ex fighters say that the way they come accross as good or bad is all editing

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Why would he up under orders this week???

All the ex fighters say that the way they come accross as good or bad is all editing

I can understand that. But there's only so far editing can go. Taking things out of context, messing with the order of events etc.

But this time with Bisping there hasn't been much he can blame on editing. I seriously doubt that speech before the fight announcement could've been edited or taken out of context in a way to make him look bad!

Also, for the record, Mayhem has said that they've actually made him look like less of a dick through editing...... although he would say that!

Another good episode this week.
    TJ was really impressive. I reckon he'll win it this year. And even if he doesn't, I'd say he has a very long career in the UFC ahead of him.

I can understand that. But there's only so far editing can go. Taking things out of context, messing with the order of events etc.

But this time with Bisping there hasn't been much he can blame on editing. I seriously doubt that speech before the fight announcement could've been edited or taken out of context in a way to make him look bad!

Also, for the record, Mayhem has said that they've actually made him look like less of a dick through editing...... although he would say that!
    I'm not saying that they are completely making it all up.
    I'm saying Bisping is the heel. Miller the hero.
    They include all bispings bad stuff, and cut his good stuff, miller the reverse.
    I'm not saying he isn't a dick. I'm saying i think they are both dicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I'm saying i think they are both dicks

I agree with this, there's no way Miller is an angel but as a whole I personally think Bisping is alot worse. Miller takes the jokes with a bit of light-heartedness.

At the end of the Dustin Neace/Akira Corassani fight, Dustin lost with that I think was a bit of grace compared to Akira riling up Miller's team with the Tommy gun action, Bisping was saying to Miller to 'control your team' :confused:. Bisping then went on his speech with don't do X/Y/Z it makes you look like a d*ck. Bisping is well able to give it but not take it.

I really look forward to the semi-final involving Diego and the fighter from Miller's team who, from what I can remember, basically lay on top of the other guy from two rounds. Diego has the killer instinct, finishing both of his matches in just under 2 minutes total, a virtue sorely lacking from his opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

I'm not saying that they are completely making it all up.
    I'm saying Bisping is the heel. Miller the hero.
    They include all bispings bad stuff, and cut his good stuff, miller the reverse.
    I'm not saying he isn't a dick. I'm saying i think they are both dicks

The question is always going to be who is the bigger dick?

My vote: Bisping.

Miller is himself, Bisping is inches more of a dick because he's pretending to have a personality.

What being a dick got to do with anything, why the that the question?

Surely the question is who is the best fighter in each division, and then maybe an opinion of the coaches.

Soem of these guys like great.
    Diego destroyed prob Millers top guy, that scared everyone.
    Bryan Caraway looked like a bitch when he tried to back out iof fighting Diego just so he might get a final shot. Makes him look bad to the bosses.

Akira Corassani v Dennis Bermudez - Looks pretty even, neither beats diego

I'll guess that in 12 months time we see Diego vrs Also

in the BW, TJ beats Pague, and Dodson beats Bedford. Bedfors is a 135 John Fitch, Dodson made himself look bad by being a mole, but I think he's a well round fighter, albeit small.

TJ Dodson is a good finale.

Some great fights recently, and some good fights set up, its kinda boring talking about Bisping being a dick all the time. How about some discussion on the fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Spoilers below folks.....

Expected Akira to knock Denis out. Going into the fight there was only ten minutes left in the show, so that said to me "akira finish in the first round". Credit to Denis, he was rocked several times in that round, but kept coming. That left hook from Akira at the end I thought had knocked him out, the way he spun away after being hit. Great takedown from Denis from that position, and he worked the guillotine well, and listened to what Mayhem was telling him to do. Nice fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Am i the only one who likes Bisping?. Seriously dont know what all the hate is for. Love to see him crush Miller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Always good to see an arrogant prick being beaten. The editing on the show leaned heavily towards it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Roar wrote: »
    That left hook from Akira at the end I thought had knocked him out, the way he spun away after being hit.

I think Akira's problem is that he thought this too. That fight was a bit of a coin toss really, I'm not sure how many more punches Bemudes could have taken. I think Akira's confidence was his downfall. Shame really as he looks a very good striker. Great fight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Great seeing Akira choked out. Nothing better than seeing a mouth put in his place.

Does anyone else think this season has been one of the most unprofessional? I dont know whether its how its edited or what, but there seems to be far too many 'pranks' and messing about than actual training.

Bisping is a total gowl, even his own team have no respect for him. Can you imagine someone throwing thier underpants in the face of Brock, Couture, BJ, or GSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Am i the only one who likes Bisping?. Seriously dont know what all the hate is for. Love to see him crush Miller.

I think Bisping is certainly one of the best businessmen in the UFC. He knows what he has and knows how to sell it.

Great fight! Was delighted to see Akira getting beaten and so comprehensively too, out cold and taken minutes for him to even realise where he was!

Bisping came across a little better this week it must be said.

Bisping came across a little better this week it must be said.

Yeah I was thinking the same myself. If that was the 1st time somebody seen Bisping you'd be forgiven for thinking he was a nice guy. Pity he's still a tool most of the time!

I really enjoyed that episode.-yeah there was a lot of pranks and stuff but that's all part of the fun of the show. And a great fight at the end.

I was actually starting to like Akira. He's a prankster and a very over-confident but he's a really good fighter. I think he lost because of his over-confidence. I was full sure he was gonna finish him after that left hook but he just didn't pull it all together. I have no doubt we'll see him in the UFC anyway.

I don't think Bermudez is as good as he thinks he is. His takedown attempts were brutal. Most of them were from a mile away. Other than that though he did well to recover from those punches and he listened to exactly what Miller was saying and finished the fight well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Akira is such a tosser, was great to see him choked out and then bawl after the fight.

Bisping is clearly a dope and Miller is ok, you can see just from the way they talk and act, no editing can change that.

Agree it looks like Diego and TJ vs Dodson, not sure who id fancy in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Akira getting choked out was the highlight of the season for me. Personally I would love to see him fight Marcus in the finale, it would be guaranteed to be a great scrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I'm not too fond of Akira but I hoped he would do well as its nice to see Europeans doing well and showing that we can compete.

I think last night really showed how bad a coach Bisping is. Akira was knocking lumps out of him standing up and Bisping was telling him to follow him down and finish it. I think that Akira should have kept doing hat he was doing, shaken Denis a bit more and then went for the finish later in the first or in the second. Denis was clearly rocked but sometimes that is when an opponent is their most dangerous, especially a wrestler. I think it was too early and Bisping should have seen that.

Also, I think Bisping doing the fire estinguisher joke PRIOR to his team training was stupid and counter-productive.

Finally, Johnny Bedford needs to chill the hell out... if he doesn't make it in the UFC I see him in the headlines as a serial killer - The guy has real issues!

That last fight just proved that Miller is head and shoulders above Bisping in the coaching stakes.

While Bisping just shouted the same thing over and over Miller really calmly just talked to his figter, telling him eactly what to do to finish the choke, probably the best bit of coaching (in fight) i've ever seen on TUF.

And was funny as fcuk watching Akira after the fight, didn't know what day of the week it was!

Yeah that was beautiful. He calmly told him exactly what to do and the fighter followed his instructions.

Great coaching.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else think this season has been one of the most unprofessional? I dont know whether its how its edited or what, but there seems to be far too many 'pranks' and messing about than actual training.
    They are compressing a week into 45 minutes.
    A huge majority of their training is unseen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

had to watch the fight twice to be sure but looked at though akira tried that fake tap again during the fight. on the sherdog forum he's getting dogs abuse coz of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

bungaro79 wrote: »
    had to watch the fight twice to be sure but looked at though akira tried that fake tap again during the fight. on the sherdog forum he's getting dogs abuse coz of it.

Yea I thought that too when he was up against the cage... Pretty scummy if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

Just saw Bisping at the Tyson Fury fight. Traitor. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I was screaming at the TV after he tried it.
    Delighted he lost tbh. Also loved his reaction after the fight when he went to Bisping and asked "Did I lose?". Classic.

Denners.ie wrote: »
    Just saw Bisping at the Tyson Fury fight. Traitor. :)
    What?

• Advertisement

:o

Seriously? I missed this! What a scumbag!

But I get the impression it would've done him no good. Denis wasn't letting go until the ref dragged him off! (And even then he was reluctant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Thought I spotted that earlier tap alright. Looks like he has good hands and expected him to win. Glad he lost but would have preferred to see him take a pounding :D

Slightly off topic, what was the name of the French Guy GSP brought in to help his guys on the last season? Drank a lot and beat the crap out of all of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

scudzilla wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, what was the name of the French Guy GSP brought in to help his guys on the last season? Drank a lot and beat the crap out of all of them?

Jean-Charles Skarbowsky?

Jean-Charles-Skarbowsky.jpg

:D

Leeg17 wrote: »

Lol, what a pic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement