Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi Translation apps

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey.. does anyone know of any decent midi translation app other then bomes?

Need to map a single note message into 3 CC messages. Midi keyboard into a Kaossilator pro.

pain in the hole finding a decent one so any help welcome! :mad:

Thanks..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Could you be a bit more precise in what you're trying to do and what you're using a sequencer etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AfroSonic

Working with a Kaossilaor Pro from Korg. It reponds to midi messages but requires 3 cc messages to make a sound representing the touchpad, an x and a y axis. The physical motion of pressing the touchpad is CC72, the x axis sets the note and the y axis the effect(sortof).

So to enable midi control of the Kaoss you have to send 3 midi messages with the values above. The box does not accept note messages for some jaysus reason and is hard to get specific sounds when playing the touchpad so I want to set up a midi keyboard (UMA 25) to send note messages - map them to specific values on the x and y axis and play the touchpad all at one. Essentially I need an app that will accept a certain note message and pump out 3 cc message into the kaossilator to make a sound.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Ok, in ableton you could set a single keyboard note to fire off a gate on the channel with the CC data looping - or even patterns of 'on / off' - not sure how clean it would be though.

If you do own ableton, might be worth looking at 'max for live' - as you can make your own devices with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

i've never used it but its blurb sounds like it fits your bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Logic Pro has a transform function that will do it.

Would the Strip Note object in Pure Data do this? I bet you could make up a patch to do exactly what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭AfroSonic

studiorat wrote: »
    Logic Pro has a transform function that will do it.

Would the Strip Note object in Pure Data do this? I bet you could make up a patch to do exactly what you need.

Yeah, sonic lab did a review where he set up logic pro to do this. http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2010/02/24/sonic-lab-kaossilator-pro-review/

I dont have Logic Pro unfortunately but having been trying to work out the translation with Bomes over the last couple of nights. its a lot of bloody work but it will be worth the effort considering the amount of sound banks that the pro has.

I'm sure someone somewhere has done this already with bomes so going to do some googling tonight and see if there a translation file somewhere. If I have to go it alone I'll post mine somewhere; save someone else the work.

Neurojazz - I am using ableton so will look at max for live. cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Do you have this bome?

Is it free?

Advertisement