Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power City coming to Naas?

Options
  • 27-05-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Ive also heard theres a Power City opening later on in the year near Sheehys in Naas anyone else heard that??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, saw a banner up on the building that Topgifts was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

afaik its going in behind sheehys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Yep - they will be located in the new purpose built building that is almost complete, just behind sheehys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xoaudhep

does anyone have any information on applying for jobs there?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

There is a section on their website to submit your cv Good Luck!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xoaudhep

thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Anybody know when this is opening?

I hope they have a big opening sale, had a fire in my house and will need to buy several appliances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Passed their tuesday and there still putting the cladding on and the inside is empty. It'll be a while yet by the looks of things.
    Sorry to hear about your fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anybody know when this is opening?

I hope they have a big opening sale, had a fire in my house and will need to buy several appliances.
    harvey normans do clearout sales every so often and ya can pick stuff up really cheap

If you do go to harvey norman go with enough money to buy everything in one go and haggle. Ask for a manager and tell him your buying a load of stuff in one go. I seen someone furnishing a new house. They got everything(living room,kitchen,bedrooms) from harvey normans. They got an average of 25% off all together and a free state of the art(at the time) laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Passed their tuesday and there still putting the cladding on and the inside is empty. It'll be a while yet by the looks of things.
    Sorry to hear about your fire.

I'd say its still 3 months away.

If you're not fussy about a scratch or a dent or a factory refurbished model try www.mdh.ie - murphy's Discount house in robinhood. Thy do all the clearance stuff, old models etc etc. - I got a powerpoint fridge freezer for the warehouse for €139, nice dent in the side, but it keeps the lads drinks cold and the ice creams frozen.

Thanks for the good suggestions. At the pace the insurance company is moving with the claim, it may be another three months before I'll be kitting out the house.

I try to avoid Harvey Normans because I can't stand the oily salespeople I've encountered there, but for a good deal I will bite the bullet. I'll also check out mdh.ie --- in the kitchen, anyway, most of the appliances are behind cabinet doors, so a scratch or dent matters not.

Gonna need sitting room/dining furniture, tv, playstation, phone, computer equipment, kitchen appliances. Everything wood, textile, paper must go --- all our clothes and thousands of euros of books :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

Sorry to hear that, probably stuff that money cant replace too:(

Sorry to hear that, probably stuff that money cant replace too:(

Yes indeed. Lost my most treasured possession, a painting that hung in the house I grew up in, which was given to me by my adored dad just before he died. It was worth alot of money, and I paid a fortune to have it shipped to Ireland, but its sentimental value was much greater.

You have a good cry and then keep marching. My husband and child and even the cat escaped unharmed. Things are things.

Not even the mona lisa is worth a life.

Well, the Mona Lisa is certainly hundreds of times more valuable in monetary terms, but it isn't laden with the emotional weight of my own family history, and my memories of my parents.

But, I take your point. Lesson learned about becoming too attached to objects. We are lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Its opening On September 29th AFAIK

Advertisement