Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby crying going to bed

Options
  • 27-05-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi,

My daughter is 1 and goes to bed at half eight every night.
    The past 2 nights she has been crying when I put her down.
    When I pick her up she is ok and in good form.
    I am wondering is this anything to do with teething as she really crys hard when I put her down.

Normally she goes to bed no problem.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

my baby does this a good few times, more often then not is because she wants to stay up. She's getting better and does usually be exhausted going up to bed at 7 now and will cuddle her teddy for a few minutes and fall off asleep.

Does she want to stay in your arms and not go into the cot at all or is it quick cuddle and back to cot? If you think its teething maybe put some bonjela on gums or if she's really bad give some calpol

Could she be overtired? Just half 8 to me sounds late but in saying that my baby only takes a hour nap so does be up 8 to 7 most days maybe half 7 at latest

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

Think she is trying her luck with you !!! They all do this but stick to your guns and keep putting her down ! she will get over this if you persist and dont give in .if you give in your fecked!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 peahead70

I agree with the above post, I think she may be trying her luck. They are more clever than we give them credit for ! It's really hard to do, to leave them crying, but if you can close your ears until she falls asleep, it really will stand to you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Our lad started this when he was getting his molars. Once they were up and the swelling gone we started going out, waiting a minute, going back in giving him his dody and lying him down and going straight back out. Took maybe 3 goes tops and a week later he was back to waving us goodnight at bedtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I agree with cordub. Don't give in. You can sit beside the cot and read or sing to her. But if she gets you in the habit now of picking her up when she cries she'll continue to do it. It's just a comfort thing and she'll grow out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Don't do it, don't give in... I gave in and now my two year old likes to sleep in bed with Mammy and Daddy has been banished to her bed... we're working on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bashful

Thanks for the replies. She is getting her molers at the moment so fingers crossed once they come through she will be back to normal going to bed no problem. I have been giving her calpol and bonjela going to bed but she still screams.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does she sleep all night once she finally gets to sleep? Is she upset when she wakes up in the morning?

Just asking cuz normally when my guy does this it's always because his ears are at him!! We had it last night and today at nap time, took him to the doc and his ears are at him again. just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bashful

She crys in her sleep a few times during the night I think it is her teeth I give her bonjela and she goes back for a while. She gets like that for a while then we get a few nights where she sleeps the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Loonie

How much is she napping? We got this sort of thing when my daughter was napping too late during the day - she wouldn't be tired enough when she went to bed. She's almost 14 months now, and we had to cut out her afternoon nap... but if she sleeps for 15 minutes in the car on the way home then I know the night will be a disaster!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Maybe adjust her feeding times so she has her last feed a bit later, although it's probably teeth.

Advertisement