Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Trout Rod Company??

• 27-05-2011 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I snapped the tipped off my Irish Trout Rod Company 9ft fly rod today, I have it nearly about 10 years and was gutted when it happened. mad.gif

Does anyone know where I could source a replacement tip?

Looking on the web I see some the following "All Irish Trout Rod Company rods come with an original owner lifetime guarantee. If anything goes wrong you just send it back to us with a €19 handling charge" but i have no idea where to return it?

I bought it in Steve's fishing shop in Limerick City about 10 years ago..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Sorry I can't help, but having a couple myself I'd be curious to know too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

I think these were distributed by Gowen & Bradshaw in Galway. To be honest I've seen a few of these and from what I can tell they are just branded Chinese rods similar to Flextec or Spring Creek etc etc. It would probably best just to get a new rod. If its just the very top of the rod you could pop new one on fairly cheaply yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FISHTEC

If you bring it to any good tackle shop, give them all the details and they can get it then from Gowen & Bradshaw. cost me €35 to get a tip but saved me buying a new rod. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dawnofhope

Same thing happened me. The boat of my car came down on the end piece and snapped it. My local tackle shop contacted Gowen and Bradshaw and were informed that a replacement piece is no longer available. Has anyone managed to get a replacement part ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Very old thread!

Doubt you'd get a spare maybe contact them directly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dawnofhope

Gowan and Bradshaw won't deal directly with the public, only through an appointed agent. I might try having the break repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Thats strange.. Normally bigger manufacturers will let you ring into them.. That's strange alright they wouldn't do an offer on a model there selling now like a discount? that Greys do give you a certain amout off their latest model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

I see an Irish trout rod company rod for sale on done deal op if that's any use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

If anyone needs Rods repaired let me know via PM - Any rod, any break, any tip, any brand, any model. My guy does the finest of work and isnt dear!!

Advertisement