Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Display Options

Options
  • 27-05-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Can I change the order of posts?

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

You have three choices:

Linear Mode - posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP

Taken from the FAQ page.

I can't for the life of me find where this is in my CP. Can anyone point it out to me?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I think that was written when we ran a different version of vBulletin. I'll have to ask our tech guys about this and get back to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Taken from the FAQ page.

I can't for the life of me find where this is in my CP. Can anyone point it out to me?

Can you provide a link to that text?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭MissusPandB

Spear wrote: »
    Can you provide a link to that text?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=post+order&match=all&titlesonly=0

Scroll to the bottom of the page

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sorry, but that is indeed outdated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭MissusPandB

Bummer! The hubby has his threads displaying by last post first and it's way better. Bring it back.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

At least if you click the little blue arrow to the very left of the thread title you can jump directly to the first new post. You probably know this already, but I just thought I'd mention it in case it helps. :)

Advertisement