Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to get Baba Ghanoush

Options
  • 27-05-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

Its made with aubergine and my friend who knows his food says its amazing.

Should be sold in small tubs like hummus or tapenade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_ghanoush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Why not make it? Doesn't sound too difficult. Home-made food always tastes better and it'll impress your mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

l saw some only yesterday in TK Max in the pavillions - you know where they have the fancy food stuffs & chocolate on the shelves near the checkouts, they had a few different Mezes in jars, including that :) quite fond of it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Think they have it in the Silk Road Cafe.

Ill let you know how it is next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It's pretty easy to make, you should give it a go. I don't particularly like it, but I used to eat it in wraps with hummus, tabouleh and lots of nice salads (in a place I worked and got free food so I'd eat anything!), it was pretty good in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tahini and roasted aubergines that have been skinned and all the water squeezed out and mashed, lemon juice and some garlic and olive oil.
    Thats all it is.
    Nice though, very savoury flavour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement