Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to London: A Kindle Query

Options
  • 27-05-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm going to London for a week at the end of June/start of July. I've noticed that Irish customers must buy their Kindles from Amazon's.com site and are limited by the selection in the US store. I've heard the UK store is much better.

I was wondering if I bought the Kindle while I was in London and got it delivered to the Hotel could I access the UK store for books. Normally my .co.uk account is connected to my Dublin address.

Thanks for any and all help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The store available to you is based on your address so even if you buy it in England it'll still only let you access the American store if you register it to the Dublin address.

I swap between the two, alternating the address between one in the north and my home address which allows me to get the books I want at the cheapest available price.

Advertisement