Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINDOWS WONT INSTALL ON MY RAID 0 CONFIG ((help please)

Options
  • 28-05-2011 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi there

im trying to install windows 7 64bit on my 2 x agility 60gb sata 3 ssd, i have them raided as said by manual , but when it says where to install they are not there,then i installed the driver , and then i seen the drives, but its SAYS I CANT INSTALL WINDOWS ON THEM, error xxxxxxxx numbers etc, i use a gigabyte g1 assasin mobo.

can anyone please help,

i just get error 0x80300001

Comments

You might need to post the error code to give us something to work off of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

Karsini wrote: »
    You might need to post the error code to give us something to work off of.

i just get error 0x80300001

Are you loading the RAID driver from a CD? If so, when you get the mentioned error, swap the disc for the Windows 7 DVD and hit Refresh. That should clear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

Karsini wrote: »
    Are you loading the RAID driver from a CD? If so, when you get the mentioned error, swap the disc for the Windows 7 DVD and hit Refresh. That should clear it.

yeah im using the driver disk,

shud that work

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

The install dvd you are using most likely doesn't have the raid driver required. you may need to do the F6 method on booting from the DVD and inserting the raid controller driver first before the drives become visable

• Advertisement

maxokeeffe wrote: »
    yeah im using the driver disk,

shud that work

I'd say so. I've seen it happen where the setup can't find the Windows 7 DVD (because the RAID driver disc is in there) and says that it can't install to the drive (it should really just ask to put the Windows 7 disc back in...). Pressing Refresh after the DVD is back in the drive should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

That's correct ^^^ .. this should help you out a bit... http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1256633.htm

Advertisement