Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert weight

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

njd2010 wrote: »
    Is that common knowledge? I've heard that for the first year of college (living on fast food+alcohol) but never 6th year...

I lost weight during college, don't think theres any general rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

havent weighed but Id say 2 stone :( No Joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm not sure exactly but it's bad. I was studying yesterday when I noticed how untoned my legs have gotten and they were never that good to begin with :pac:
    It's mainly chocolate/crisps in my case. It's easy to grab something like that before heading into study or before an evening class. Combined with not walking my dog since before the mocks, my mam giving me lifts to the bus in the mornings so I can get 10mins extra lie on and staying in studying on the weekends, I'm just surprised I haven't put on more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Gercakeage wrote: »
    haha :pac: 20 days till 'tone up time' :o

too right...ive unfrozen my gym membership....have my supps prepared...gearbags packed already..and the moment physics is over striaght to the gym...im actually really looking forward to it :D ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

I lost weight during college, don't think theres any general rule

In the US and Canada it's called the 'Freshman 15' (pounds), the idea is the increase in snacking and partying and lack of parental supervision leads to weight gain. Then again, Americans are always trying to find excuses as to why they're gaining weight anyway so maybe it's not as much of a thing in Ireland :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

brownlad wrote: »
    too right...ive unfrozen my gym membership....have my supps prepared...gearbags packed already..and the moment physics is over striaght to the gym...im actually really looking forward to it :D ..

Same here..
    I've put on at least 4kg since janurary when I stopped doing sport. Worst part i've lost a good bit of strength and muscle, whilst putting on a bigger layer of fat..
    Thats what eating sh1te, not excercising and studying did to me..#sniffles#

Now where did i put my oreos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

it really is important to get some exercise:) I know it might feel your wasting time doing it but your study will benefit more. Even a 10 minute walk in the morning does the trick for a couple of hours. There must be some sort of a balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hannahx

I think so too i take a ten min break everyso often and do like situps or something like that jus to b doing something. Everyone knows you lost weight over the summer
    Il be drinking sleeping and beaching:-) sure we have dinner thats bout it

But jno whats a good idea girls, if you buy the dress just even a dress size too small it will be motovation :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Have not really gained anything, still a size 8. In leaving cert you still are growing so you are likely going to be a few pounds heavier. But I haven't gained anything due to over eating or not excercising because of the LC. I still walk an hour every night. The LC isn't your whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

About a stone and a half :( Lost about a dress size when I got into college though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Defo gained some weight in the month running up simply from sitting around studying and what not, too much sitting not enough excercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I've lost about a stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ellen94_

my sixth year stone is coming along nicely.... and i have a debs coming up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I actually don't think the myth is true for everyone, I lost 30 pounds during 6th Year last year... ate twice as much as normal but I think the stress somehow quickened my metabolism :)

Also the rumour about 1st Year of college weight gain still hasn't affected me yet... I'm walking twice as much as usual (Grand Canal Plaza to TCD each morning) and running several times a week to catch a bus, so I'm fairly sure I'm losing weight again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

6 weeks in and I'd say I've put on about 2 stone :/

6 weeks in and I'd say I've put on about 2 stone :/

6 weeks already:eek:, definetly put on more weight snack here snack there its just convenient when you dont have time, plenty jaffas!

Sunny!! wrote: »
    6 weeks already:eek:, definetly put on more weight snack here snack there its just convenient when you dont have time, plenty jaffas!

I know, also I comfort eat like mad!

I know, also I comfort eat like mad!

:L and this is my second time doing the lc, i wont be able to move at the end of the year :L, and the litres of coffee

God, you poor thing :/ I'd hate to have to repeat. How are you finding it?

God, you poor thing :/ I'd hate to have to repeat. How are you finding it?

its grand, not as bad as its made out to be, very tiring!! have to make up for all the lazyness last year:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement