Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would integration of consoles to PC work?

Options
  • 28-05-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

I'd blow your head off using my mouse well before you could aim your analogue stick... PC gamers would have an ultimate advantage... so much so I don't think this initiative would work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 merc.ie

It will most likely never happen for that reason, gamepad players would be wiped out by experienced keyboard and mouse players in first person shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Shadowrun had it ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

^^^ Yep, been done before

Shadowrun is the only example I can think of, though.... and I've never played that game. Keep meaning to pick it up, but then I remember that all the Shadowrun tryhards moved over to Monday Night Combat last August, so it's probably not very fun anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MNC is fun but i havent even bothered to run it lately... too much other stuff going on. good game though, tbh. I was trying to play every monday night but that didnt work out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well the devs of the console games could throw keyboard + mouse support into their games, I know the PS3 can support both (there are config options on the XMB) and heard the 360 can too.

Then just have servers which can have a "control pad only" mode for console gamers without and the rest are open to any with controller or K+M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Use your imagination, there are many genres besides twitch based FPS and complex RTS games. Many racing, fighting, puzzle and turned-based strategy games should work despite the differing input methods.

Like Portal 2, the pacing of a first person perspective game could make it suitable. Streamlined MMORPG could work (hows DC Universe Online doing?).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

to answer "How would it work" I'd imagine both PC and PS3 versions would connect to the same online servers.

w/r/t to mouse and keyboard having the advantage, Gunmonkey's right, they could just un-do that with "console only" servers - which defeats the whole point; but that could be an option; or just plugging in your mouse and keyboard into your ps3 and have that work.

Thought u'd be happy to have fresh lambs to the slaugher, scary PC person lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

ps3 can use mouse and keyboard just like the pc , has been done before with unreal tournament 3 just developers dont add the addition for ps3 users to do so , so there is no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Console players would sneak in and kill everyone while PC gamers are distracted telling everyone how great they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

More and more PC games are being made so that while not just ports of Console games do have a controller as the designed for input method.

Also for FPS, aim assist would be pumped way up and i'd just hit the head shot button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Console players would sneak in and kill everyone while PC gamers are distracted telling everyone how great they are.

Flamebait? Why?

Advertisement