Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 worst beers in your opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Cahling.
    Bud.
    Fosters-probably the worst.

Lot of competition for the last two spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

San Miguel is by far the worst. Followed by Carlsberg, Bud, Nobelaner and any smoke beers cos I just don't like them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

rubadub wrote: »
    OK, just when you said about the fillings I presumed it was drinking from cans, I am fairly sensitive with my fillings too, but have never had it from a glass of beer poured from a can.

Some hits I found

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/beer-cans-vs-bottles.html

I think they mean sipping from the can there. The can is "cut" at the outlet so it should only be exposed to that tiny bit of metal when pouring. They could come up with a plastic ring pull system.

http://www.askmen.com/fine_living/wine_dine_archive_250/284_the-argument-for-canned-beer.html
    They still do have aluminium kegs in some countries, dunno if they line them like the cans.

Thanks for that Rubadub. Out of gratitude for your noble research efforts, I'd better try a blind tasting.
    Curiously, I'm sipping a Leffe, from the bottle. I'd swear I'm getting a metallic taste :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

KJ wrote: »
    San Miguel is by far the worst. Followed by Carlsberg, Bud, Nobelaner and any smoke beers cos I just don't like them.

Truely a horrible beer. I had it many years ago & i distinctly remember it having a disgusting sour whiskey sort of aftertaste??

Absolute piss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think some of the mainstream stuff constantly mentioned here probably doesn't need to be mentioned anymore,so..

1. Heineken - still has to make the list regardless of the above^
    2. Miller - see Heineken
    3. Lowenbrau
    4. Hoegaarden (a possibly controversial entry)
    Joint 5. Castle/Peroni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Budweiser
    Dutch Gold
    Staropramen
    Blue Moon
    Coors Light

Seriously??? :confused:
    If any Czech beer has to be on this list then let it be Krušovické

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Budweiser
    Dutch Gold
    Staropramen
    Blue Moon
    Coors Light
    The others fair enough, but Blue Moon? I think its a lovely beer, with unique flavour.

Here's my top 5:

1. Dutch Mould - by some distance

2. Coors Light
    3. Budweiser
    4. Bud Light
    5. Prazsky

I forgot to mention Desperados, don't know how I forgot it first time, it really is foul beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Jesus, no bad mentions of Bavaria yet, a good run for the cheap drink fans. It's the only drinkable cheap lager IMO, dutch and tuborg both taste like watered down piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

so we all love Tennants then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Blackjack

O'Kells, a muck beer from the Isle of Man. Probably one of the only Pints I ever refused to finish. Horrific stuff altogether.

Most beers from Southern Europe, e.g. Peroni - how can people say that this flavourless pisswater is a premium beer?.

Most beers in Norway. Christ, for a place that charges about 7 quid a pint you'd think they'd manage to put something decent in the glass. One is called Aass. Drop an A, and you're closer.

Bavaria - actually gives me heartburn.

Bush - an american beer that has even less flavour than Budweiser. I honestly thought I was drinking carbonated water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

1. Coors light
    2. Bud
    3. Fosters
    4. Miller

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

dfx- wrote: »
    4. Hoegaarden (a possibly controversial entry)

Care to explain ? I'll agree that it's not the best beer altogether, but it really has its merits. Cloudy, not-do-subtle but well made spices mix, refreshing and just slightly bitter... One of my faves on sunny summer afternoons !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Bud
    Michelob Ultra
    Harp Lite
    Miller
    and there was one my mate gave me once, thin it was russian, stuff was horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Dutch Gold
    Coors Lite
    Fosters
    Carling
    Tennants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Bulmers- Cannot stand the taste
    Carling- Like drinking bath-water
    Harp- Tasteless muck
    Miller- Tangy ****
    Stella- Horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Bulmers- Cannot stand the taste

I sense something wrong here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Fosters
    Stella Artois
    Tuborg (at least what we get of it in this country)
    Budweiser (especially draught)
    Any Thai Beer, but especially Chang (there is a good reason why Thai people put ice in their beer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Any Thai Beer, but especially Chang (there is a good reason why Thai people put ice in their beer)

Singha beer, a Thai drink is actually delicious. Very nice flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Blackjack wrote: »
    O'Kells, a muck beer from the Isle of Man. Probably one of the only Pints I ever refused to finish. Horrific stuff altogether.

Most beers from Southern Europe, e.g. Peroni - how can people say that this flavourless pisswater is a premium beer?.

Most beers in Norway. Christ, for a place that charges about 7 quid a pint you'd think they'd manage to put something decent in the glass. One is called Aass. Drop an A, and you're closer.

Bavaria - actually gives me heartburn.

Bush - an american beer that has even less flavour than Budweiser. I honestly thought I was drinking carbonated water.

Bush from Anhouser Bush the people who bring you Budweiser need I say more???
    And Peroni make Miller draft under licence in europe blind taste them and let me know the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Singha beer, a Thai drink is actually delicious. Very nice flavour.

Fair point - I was mostly thinking of Chang and Leo, I was travelling on a tight budget!! Although I have to say the Singha export does taste nicer than the Thai Singha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

1. Bud/Bud Light... If it was free I wouldn't be able to drink it...
    2. Coors/Coors Light... as above
    3. Fosters.
    4. Sol/Sol Light.
    5. Any Chocolate Stout.
    =5 Peroni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Tennants - Definitely the worst tasting beer ever made. Even tried it on tap in scotland, was actually worse than the on tap stuff sold here!!

Carling - Extremely offensively tasting - just shows you how dumb the English can be as its their best selling beer!

Budwiser - Horrible, horrible stuff, dont know how people actually choose to purchase this product.

Carlesberg - how can they market this stuff as probably the best larger in the world, it is absolutely disgusting.

Dutch Gold - What can I say about this beer??? It pushes tennants hard for worst tasting. I know cash strapped students who refuse to drink it, and thats saying alot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Miller
    Carlsberg
    Fosters
    Carlsberg
    Miller :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

1 - Hackenberg - Just pure and utter muck
    2 - Budweiser - Gives you the worst hangovers you'll ever have and is just basically piss
    3 - Miller - Extremely weak and bland beer, f*ck all alcohol in it
    4 - Bavaria Special Blonde Beer - its a syrup, not a beer
    5 - Duvel - its just bottles of "bad taste" from your mouth

no having said that, i'd still drink em all(i hate bud because of the hangovers.)

BTW stella is a lovely, underrated beer IMO

Paulaner for the win :D

HOLD ON! carlsberg is a nice beer! a few beer snobs on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

yupyup7up wrote: »

an you call Duvel - its just bottles of "bad taste" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

oblivious wrote: »
    an you call Duvel - its just bottles of "bad taste" :rolleyes:

yes.... because it is horrible? :confused:

I always buy craft beers and thats definitely the worst ive drank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

1) Harp-ic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

1) Harp-ic

Harp Export 5% is a good beer but hard to get these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

yupyup7up wrote: »
    1 - Hackenberg - Just pure and utter muck
    2 - Budweiser - Gives you the worst hangovers you'll ever have and is just basically piss
    3 - Miller - Extremely weak and bland beer, f*ck all alcohol in it
    4 - Bavaria Special Blonde Beer - its a syrup, not a beer
    5 - Duvel - its just bottles of "bad taste" from your mouth

no having said that, i'd still drink em all(i hate bud because of the hangovers.)

BTW stella is a lovely, underrated beer IMO

Paulaner for the win :D

Oh dear! This line of comments is definitely the strangest thing I have come across on here for a while.

Duvel - one of the best beers in the world - is slated, while Carlsberg and Stella are praised?? Don't really know what else to say about that!

Granted, as with all of these things, it's a matter of taste and will differ from person to person, but this is just bizarre.

Advertisement