Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 worst beers in your opinion.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

ArtyM wrote: »
    One bought a bottle of Banana bead Beer, cause I like beer and I like Banana Bread. A mix made in heaven it was not.

Having tasted it I am happy to say that it is my 5 worst tasting beers.

You had to drink 5 of them to realise that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

1. ASDA Value Lager - As bad as it sounds. Only 2% volume and only drinkable when ice cold. Dirt cheap though, which is why I chanced a crate of it.
    2. Dutch Gold - The lowest shit you can drink. Scumbags can keep it though.
    3. Budweiser - If a product's quality determined it's popularity then the world would be a much better place. Unfortunately money and marketing don't make this the case.
    4. Tuborg - Better than Dutch Gold but still utterly horrible.
    5. Smithwicks - This is such an underwhelming beer to drink. It doesn't taste like piss though... in fact it doesn't taste like anything at all. It's just boring and depressing to drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

First Up wrote: »
    You had to drink 5 of them to realise that?
    I realised after the 1st mouthful.
    I drank 5 of them because... well because I had 5 of them, and they had beer in them.:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Slattsy wrote: »
    Galway Hooker

I presume you're talking about their pale ale? I'm not a fan of it myself, although that's personal preference rather than it being a bad beer. Their lager is definitely above average and their stout is exceptional.
    ArtyM wrote: »
    One bought a bottle of Banana bead Beer, cause I like beer and I like Banana Bread. A mix made in heaven it was not.

Having tasted it I am happy to say that it is my 5 worst tasting beers.

I actually enjoyed it, although fair play to you for drinking 5 as it's really the sort of beer you'd only drink occasionally and one at a time.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm another rare soul who likes the banana bread beer, but one is definitely enough.

And I agree with Zaph on the Galway Hooker Stout, a fantastic beer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

My worst 5 beers (apart from the obvious macro's) in no particular order are...

1/ Magic Hat #9
    2/ Blue Moon
    3/ Evil Twin Hipster Ale
    4/ Goose Island Sixth Day
    5/ Tommyknocker Small Patch Pumpkin Harvest Ale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Instead of the obvious macro beers, I will give five of the worst / most disappointing beers I've tried:

(1) Okanagan Pale Ale - Bland and tasted of nothing much. Boring to drink.

(2) Blue Moon - Expecting a nice Belgian / German style wheat beer, all I got was something that tasted like Club Orange.

(3) Fruli Strawberry Beer - It's a while since I had this, so can't remember much of it. All I know is, I wasn't a fan.

(4) Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Ale - For something that was 6% ABV it was very watery / thin. Disappointing. Hobgoblin, another dark ruby, is a much superior ale, and a go to beer for me.

(5) FourPure Oatmeal Stout - Had this recently for the first time and it's disappointing. No taste of oats at all in this stout. An underwhelming stout that tastes just like a normal dry stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

I bought this French beer from Tesco a while back and it was horrible. The fact that's it was in a plastic bottle made me curious but I should have known. Horrible horrible stuff!

Banana bread beer - not a great combo.
    Honey Dew beer - too sweet.
    Tesco white label beer - bought it cos I was curious what 50 cent can of beer tastes like!
    Dutch Mould!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭RayCon

wrmwit wrote: »
    I bought this French beer from Tesco a while back and it was horrible. The fact that's it was in a plastic bottle made me curious but I should have known. Horrible horrible stuff!

Yip .. it was on my list too ...
    Saint Omer - you know the taste a puke leaves in your mouth ... that's Saint Omer.

Advertisement